User cancellation

Ricsca

By law, a user must be able to unsubscribe from the community and you can also decide to delete all its contents.
IPB does not have this function ... how is that possible?
As an admin, I can delete the user and decide whether to delete all his messages as well.
As a first step an admin must delete the user without his posts and this he can do ... The problem is that the posts become all written by an unregistered user. If subsequently the user (no longer registered) wants the cancellation of all its contents, the admin on can do it.
This is a very serious shortcoming ...

I’m not aware of any laws that require deleting any content ever posted. Laws such as GDPR do not require this. Instead it requires you to anonymize content posted by the user when you remove their account.  It’s the “right to be forgotten” not the “right to remove anything you ever posted”.

Edited by Randy Calvert

As above, the user doesn't own his content.

7 hours ago, Ricsca said:

By law, a user must be able to unsubscribe from the community and you can also decide to delete all its contents.
IPB does not have this function ... how is that possible?
As an admin, I can delete the user and decide whether to delete all his messages as well.
As a first step an admin must delete the user without his posts and this he can do ... The problem is that the posts become all written by an unregistered user. If subsequently the user (no longer registered) wants the cancellation of all its contents, the admin on can do it.
This is a very serious shortcoming ...

You can do this.

1: Delete all posts
2: Annoymise all posts
3: Delete PMs/Messages
4: You can unsubscribe from emails, too.

GDPR only requires you to delete identifiable information.