Jump to content

Adsense Adverts Now Showing ?


Recommended Posts

Hey all, 

So this is my first time setting up my IPS forum with Google Adsense. So far as I can see I have everything setup correctly. 

1. Google Adsense has verified the site and is up and running. 
2. So far as I can see, I have configured advertisements correctly in the IPS AdminCP

However wherever I have selected adverts to appear, they do not seem to be. Has anyone else run into these issues. Please see below screenshots of my current setup in the AdminCP (I have hidden my Adsense ID in the script)

Could contain: Document, Text, Page, File, Webpage

I also noticed in the Advertisements area, that Javascript has been disabled, as per the below screenshot example. Would this have an effect ?

 

Could contain: Text, Page

 

Any helps or advice is greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,
P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please double check you are following the instructions correctly from Google as, at least what I am used to of their script, it does not look to be implemented correctly. It looks like only 1 of 2 things have been implemented. If you have any questions about this, please contact Google.

4 hours ago, panzerscope said:

I also noticed in the Advertisements area, that Javascript has been disabled, as per the below screenshot example. Would this have an effect ?

Javascript is only disabled in your ACP for security. This will not have any impact on the front-end visibility of Javascript.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Please double check you are following the instructions correctly from Google as, at least what I am used to of their script, it does not look to be implemented correctly. It looks like only 1 of 2 things have been implemented. If you have any questions about this, please contact Google.

Javascript is only disabled in your ACP for security. This will not have any impact on the front-end visibility of Javascript.

I have re-checked, everything is fine. Google even authenticates the site correctly, so I do not think it is a script issue. I am checking to make sure as well that Cloudflare is not blocking anything of note. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are many times where even once verified that Google won’t display ads. 

Pull out a different browser and run incognito.  Load a page that is supposed to display an ad and view source. Look for the code itself in the HTML. If the code is there, it simply means Google is choosing not to return an ad for you at this time.  (Either for you personally or for the site itself.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

There are many times where even once verified that Google won’t display ads. 

Pull out a different browser and run incognito.  Load a page that is supposed to display an ad and view source. Look for the code itself in the HTML. If the code is there, it simply means Google is choosing not to return an ad for you at this time.  (Either for you personally or for the site itself.)

Good shout. So I checked a page where I expect to see ads and inspected the source, I can see the HTML for the ads is inserted as per what is configured in ACP. So I can only guess (Once I rule out CloudFlare), that Google has not yet served an ad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It took awhile for Google to learn my site and increase the amount of ads it actually delivered even though it was integrated sitewide for guests. Also ads may be showing for some but not all users still. I noticed on my site especially early some users reported seeing them while others did not for awhile. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

It took awhile for Google to learn my site and increase the amount of ads it actually delivered even though it was integrated sitewide for guests. Also ads may be showing for some but not all users still. I noticed on my site especially early some users reported seeing them while others did not for awhile. 

Thanks for the headsup, I guess I will have to be patient and see if the ads start getting served. Will report back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2022 at 5:28 AM, panzerscope said:

Could contain: Document, Text, Page, File, Webpage

 

Before I state the below, please be aware that third party ad providers are outside our scope of support. What I am providing you is out of my own personal experience, not any official support capacity.

The script that is in your image above is your main script for AdSense, this will display their automatic in-page ads (Google decides where they go), anchor ads, and Vignette ads. This will not display manual ad banners where you select their location. Generally, this script is placed in the HTML head of your website, not in the advertisement module itself as it only needs to be included once.

If you wish to place manual ad units on your site, which will show up in the places you're selecting here in our software, you will need to create a manual ad unit as well. You can see this documentation for help from Google with that: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9274025?hl=en

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, Jim M said:

Before I state the below, please be aware that third party ad providers are outside our scope of support. What I am providing you is out of my own personal experience, not any official support capacity.

The script that is in your image above is your main script for AdSense, this will display their automatic in-page ads (Google decides where they go), anchor ads, and Vignette ads. This will not display manual ad banners where you select their location. Generally, this script is placed in the HTML head of your website, not in the advertisement module itself as it only needs to be included once.

If you wish to place manual ad units on your site, which will show up in the places you're selecting here in our software, you will need to create a manual ad unit as well. You can see this documentation for help from Google with that: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9274025?hl=en

Thanks for that, I will certainly check that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, Jim M said:

Before I state the below, please be aware that third party ad providers are outside our scope of support. What I am providing you is out of my own personal experience, not any official support capacity.

The script that is in your image above is your main script for AdSense, this will display their automatic in-page ads (Google decides where they go), anchor ads, and Vignette ads. This will not display manual ad banners where you select their location. Generally, this script is placed in the HTML head of your website, not in the advertisement module itself as it only needs to be included once.

If you wish to place manual ad units on your site, which will show up in the places you're selecting here in our software, you will need to create a manual ad unit as well. You can see this documentation for help from Google with that: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9274025?hl=en

Quick question regarding the IPS software. How do I dictate where the manual ad units show up? I looked in the block manager and did not see anything related to advertising, with respect to where I could insert an advert block on any given page ? Just struggling to understand how I place an ad block on the site and link it up with the manual ad unit html I get from Google. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...