Multiple issues with RSS import

Go to solution Solved by Sonya*,

I have multiple issues with RSS feed import on different sites. Generally, Title Prefix is ignored:

Could contain: Text, Page, Word

Additionally, on invisionify.com I only see the image imported from IPS news. No title, no content. The items are imported multiple times:

Could contain: Person, Human, File, Text

You can see the issue while logging in as admin, as the items are hidden (not public).

I can see the issue there with prefixes, but not in other content not being brought through. Could I ask you to test this without any 3rd party items enabled first of all? Also, please ensure you are testing on a database using stop templates.

I will get a bug report in for the prefix issue

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, Sonya* said:

on invisionify.com I only see the image imported from IPS news. No title, no content.

I could narrow down this issue to CleanTalk. Initial RSS import after creating a new feed AdminCP works as desired. All subsequent feed items pulled via background task, later on, are empty. No title, no content. 

The issue is not reproducible on the installs where CleanTalk is not installed. Just in case somebody reports a similar issue. Support ticket #30537 by CleanTalk is created. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Final follow-up with the solution. This was not CleanTalk. The reason why the title or content was not filled via task while doing RSS import was the permissions set on the title and content field in the Pages database. The fields should have full permissions for adding content:

Could contain: Text, Mobile Phone, Electronics, Phone, Cell Phone, Page, Calendar

In my initial setup, only the administrator was able to add content to the field. The result was - an empty title and content while importing via RSS feed imports. These fields must be writable by anyone.

By the way, permission to create a record in the database is not considered. I do not allow someone to create records in the database except for the admin. This does not matter. But the single fields must be writable by everyone.

Closed for now 😅