Can you please please fix this

I think I posted about this ages ago but its something I find so annoying and it would be great if it could be improved.

The user interface for starting a post simply doesnt work when you have sub forums. For example if I want to start a topic in general chat, when I select it I then have to click in the white area beside the drop down to make the drop down disappear and show the continue button.

Could contain: Text

Also, a very annoying thing about this dropdown menu is the lack of a search (filter). When you have a bunch of categories in it, it's almost impossible to use it at all. IMHO, all these dropdowns in IPS should have a search (filter) function.

• Management

The last time I worked on the Node form helper, I lost at least 8% of my sanity but it's not a bad idea.

How would you represent the matches? Given that you need the parent tree for context.

Cars
- General Chat
- Show your cars

Bikes
- General Chat
- Show your bikes

Would you show them as a flat list, like
Cars > General Chat
Bikes > General Chat

Or as a tree with just the child matches visible when opening the parents?

6 hours ago, Matt said:

You'd like that to be expanded on loading?

Im not really sure what the answer is. I don’t think an expanded view would be helpful for people with many many sub forums. Would it be possible for the first click to expand it but then if you clicked the parent forum a second time it would count as a selection?

Edited by Steve Bullman