Sometimes I click "Submit Reply" and nothing seems to happen - yet the reply is indeed posted.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Lately I've seen this happen where sometimes I'll type an answer, click "Submit Reply" and the "Submit Reply" button is dimmed to indicate I've clicked it, yet the post doesn't seem to be added (the text entry box stays open). If I refresh the page then I realize that the post had been added. When this happens, I can tell it's happening to others as well because they must click "Submit Reply" again, resulting in double or triple posts. 

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would switch to "Use Cron" and set up cron on your server as shown in th emessage below it. If you are not sure how to set up a cron job on your server, you will need to contact your hosting company on this

I didn't change anything before taking that last screenshot, so "Use cron (Recommended)" is already selected, and the cron was already set up. 

Thanks so much. So it was related to me moving the forum software from domainname.com/forum/ to domainname.com yesterday. The cron job still had an old domainname.com/forum/ URL inside so I changed it to the one suggested by the Invision Community software and now notifications are working again and Submit Reply is snappy again. 

Once again, thank you so much @Marc Stridgen for all your help sleuthing these issues. I would have never have found out this issue without your help. 😃

Still worried about that message "When this setting is enabled you MUST ensure that the cron is set up properly. If this setting is turned on but no cron is set up it will cause significant damage to your site."

Is it possible that I've caused significant damage to my site? 😬