Server transfer issue - InvalidArgumentException: (0)

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hey 🙂

I recently changed my web host and I simply followed the procedure indicated in the guides

Unfortunately everything does not go as planned, I have several errors and major display problems

InvalidArgumentException: (0) #0 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/File/File.php(326): IPS\_Image::create() 
#1 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(729): IPS\_File::create() 
#2 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(4515) : eval()'d code(3420): IPS\_Theme->resource() 
#3 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(5368): IPS\Theme\css_core_global___framework_css() 
#4 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(2576): IPS\_Theme::writeCss() 
#5 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(641): IPS\_Theme->compileCss() 
#6 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme->css() 
#7 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(14): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss() 
#8 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(823): IPS\Dispatcher\brilliantdiscord_hook_standardDispatcherCss::baseCss() 
#9 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(79): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss() 
#10 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init() 
#11 /home/u660868473/domains/scylla-games.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i() 
#12 {main}

I would like to point out that there was no problem with my old host
I tried to deactivate the themes without success and as soon as I clear System Caches the CP admin is not accessible anymore 
Any solution ? 🤔

Looks like images are attempted to be written and some other files associated with the third party brilliantdiscord application. Please ensure permissions for your new hosting environment are setup correctly. This should be for both folders/files and ownerships of these folders/files.

To note the following directories need to be writable:

• applications
  • datastore
  • plugins
  • uploads and all sub folders of uploads.

I had made sure that all the sub-folders are also accessible for writing and according to my interface (my host) everything is OK, I went through another interface to make sure and I restarted the permission change

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Unfortunately, everything is set to be writable on your server which is not secure and which depending on your server configuration can indeed be causing an issue rather than the solution you're after here. Please reach out to your hosting provider and ask if you are running suPHP or suexec (please do not do any action, just ask if it is enabled). Then please follow the instructions below:

1. Have your hosting provider run a recursive chmod of folders to 755 and files to 644. (If you are running suPHP or suexec, stop here)
  2. If you are not running suPHP or suexec, please make the following folders writable (this is typically 777 but please check with your hosting provider if you are unsure or still encounter write errors):
    1. applications
    2. datastore
    3. plugins
    4. uploads and all sub-folders of uploads

2 hours ago, Neoflix said:

PHP extension imagick is active according to my host

Please ensure there are delegates for the file type you’re uploading. If it is in the case of the theme or app, you’ll want to check your server error logs. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Neoflix said:

Sorry for the delay in answering.
Unfortunately it's out of my competence, and I won't be able to answer this but here is a picture of all the extensions
Could contain: Page, Text, Menu, Number, Symbol

Unfortunately, these are PHP extensions. Not image extensions which are installed for your server. Image extensions are .jpg, .png, etc... Your hosting provider should install these decode delegates (aka image extension handlers) for you on the server. Please reach out to your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance if you are unsure how to install/manage these.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, sorry for the delay of answer 

Aaah yes excuse me, I didn't understand that you were not talking about php extensions but about images 😅

The image extensions are visibly active, some images (png) appear well on the site

I also did a test of a complete reinstallation of the site with the theme used and everything works without any problem
So with a clean installation from the server everything works while with the site files from the old host does not work properly, I do not know why
I don't want to lose the site data, so I restored the files after the test 

Any idea of the next step?