Jump to content

Changed domain name and now website keeps trying to reload old domain


Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Have you updated the address in your conf_global.php file?

What he said.  🙂

Also after you've edited your conf_global.php, you may need to rebuild your system cache from the Support section of the ACP.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

What he said.  🙂

Also after you've edited your conf_global.php, you may need to rebuild your system cache from the Support section of the ACP.  

I tried that but it didn't work. I ended up with this error:

 

Could contain: Text, Word, Page, File, Electronics, Monitor, Screen, Display

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try clearing your browser cache. I see the message:

The Artist's Zone is currently unavailable

 

The Artist's Zone is currently down for maintenance for an unknown period of time. Hopefully, aiming to be up and running by June if all goes well (maybe earlier - fingers crossed). 

Please join the Discord server for updates!

~AquilaTempestas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Try clearing your browser cache. I see the message:

The Artist's Zone is currently unavailable

 

The Artist's Zone is currently down for maintenance for an unknown period of time. Hopefully, aiming to be up and running by June if all goes well (maybe earlier - fingers crossed). 

Please join the Discord server for updates!

~AquilaTempestas

Think you may be checking the wrong one there, Randy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 4:48 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

I notice you are still pointing to the old domain at present. Did you decide against the change there @AquilaTempestas ?

Hi, I'm back. I gave up for awhile, but I'm trying again.

I've asked my host site to transfer to the new domain name. They said it is done.

However, when I click on the new link https://designyouruniverse.net/ nothing shows. It redirects to the old link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

When I try to access the link, I get an invalid SSL certificate. It’s trying to say it’s really:

cdn-edge-us-central1-l0f4.cdn.siteground.net

After ignoring that warning, I see it trying to load the old domain. After you had your host switch the domain, did you edit your conf_global.php to provide the new one?  Afterwards did you rebuild your system cache in the ACP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

When I try to access the link, I get an invalid SSL certificate. It’s trying to say it’s really:

cdn-edge-us-central1-l0f4.cdn.siteground.net

After ignoring that warning, I see it trying to load the old domain. After you had your host switch the domain, did you edit your conf_global.php to provide the new one?  Afterwards did you rebuild your system cache in the ACP?

Yes, the config file has the new domain URL.

I can't log into my website because it keeps trying to reload the old one still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Yes, the config file has the new domain URL.

I can't log into my website because it keeps trying to reload the old one still.

Nevermind. I managed to get it to work.

Thanks! The new URL works now. The problem I have now is that I can't log in with my username and password.

Edited by AquilaTempestas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...