Adsense GDPR Cookie Consent

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but has anyone successfully activated the GDPR cookie consent from Adsense?

When I added it, on every page load it would continue to ask members to consent even after they had already consented. Was basically unusable.

Posted on the Adsense forum but 0 replies, wasn't sure if it's some kind of compatibility issue with this forum software or not?

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

I have not seen others posting about this issue so I'm not sure this is a software problem on the IPB side.

However given Adsense is a 3rd party product, IPS is not going to offer official support for it.  

Wasn't expecting support as such, more of a is it a known compatibility issue and have other clients had the same that's all.

Which is why I said, not sure if this is posted in the right area.

In general...  if you're asking for IPS staff to respond to the issue, post here.  Think of posting here like opening a support ticket where the staff would respond to it.  Only now that it's in the forums, you also get the benefit of other users also chipping in ideas and suggestions as well.  

If you are asking for more peer-to-peer guidance outside of what IPS provides, you could post it over in:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/406-community-support/

Either way...  all good!  🙂

It's not a general known compatibility issue.  (If it was, there is a chance it would show up on the right hand side of the page in the Similar Content widget!)

Edited by Randy Calvert

• 9 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 5:39 PM, Day_ said:

When I added it, on every page load it would continue to ask members to consent even after they had already consented. Was basically unusable.

Hi I have the same problem, did you solve it?

On 3/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, sofos said:

Hi I have the same problem, did you solve it?

Removed it for a few weeks, went back and tried it again, just worked. No idea why or if I even did anything different tbh.

Sorry this isn't overly helpful!