Membername cannot receive message?

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

Look below your list of messages for "Disable My Messenger"

Thank you. I looked and did see "Disable My Messenger", which means it's enabled, right? That member has only 3 messages, all text, nothing big, so I don't think they're going over any kind of limit. 

7 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

You can also check from the ACP.  View the member's account and find:

Ok you're right the member is over quota. However here's what's weird: their message allowance is 50, my ACP says they have 52, but when I'm signed in as them I see only 4 messages? 

14 minutes ago, Jamynee said:

Ok you're right the member is over quota. However here's what's weird: their message allowance is 50, my ACP says they have 52, but when I'm signed in as them I see only 4 messages? 

As Terabyte said, check other folders. When viewing their inbox, click the down arrow next to the mailbox name (default is Inbox). You should see other variants that the user has.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I ended up finding all the messages in her inbox. For now I chose to follow @Mark H and @Randy Calvert  suggestions to increase the storage quota for members to 100 and override that quota for mods and admins. Those are great features! Topic solved, thanks all. Thank you @Marc Stridgen to offer to have a look, I appreciate it, even if it's no longer needed now. 😀

• 1 year later...

I've the same problem. Sender group has no limits in "Social" (except number of users in a message, this is 5). He wanted to send a message only to me, my group has no limits (except number of users in a message, this is 20). He get the message "Claudia cannot receive message". 10 minutes later he was able to send me the same message as written before.