Our Picks module is not displaying the promoted items

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello,

Our Picks module is not displaying the promoted items. It's been happening for a few days now. I wanted to report it but I forgot about it. May it be related to the beta version that I am running? I can see the promoted articles in Our Picks URL, but I stopped seeing them in the custom block that has been sitting there for more than a year. It just stopped displaying the promoted items.

See attachment. 

What can I do to get them back?

Thanks

Could contain: Text, Page

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It looks like it was simply a caching issue. I have cleared cache on your site, and its now working. I would however advise on ensuring you update, as you are not using the latest beta currently

Thanks a lot. I can't see Our Picks yet. I logged in Chrome and Firefox and cleared the browser's cache just in case. I still see the block empty.

I tried to update to the latest beta but I got this error. Is that a known error? Do I need to update it manually? It also happened in an older version a few months ago. Thanks

Could contain: Text

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are getting that, you would indeed need o upload manually. Its because its not been able to unpack on your server for some reason

Did you start an upgrade on my server? I am trying to log in ACP but I can't because it says there is an update in progress. I've been trying to sign in for more than 10m and I just can't. I didn't start any upgrade. Not sure what to do now 

Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by OptimusBain

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No. If you got the message you needed to upload files manually, you had already started the upgrade

But I haven't started any upgrade. I wrote that message before. You conformed that I needed to do it manually. I tried to sign in to do it and I can't because the update has been started. I didn't start the upgrade, with 10000% certainty. I didn't upload the files to the FTP yet so I couldn't start it 😞

I've been refreshing the page for 15 minutes now and it's still the same. It's the first time I see such a long upgrade. Is that normal?

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No. If you got the message you needed to upload files manually, you had already started the upgrade

The upgrade is over now. I am not sure what happened here. I neither start the upgrade nor uploaded the files to the FTP.

Edited by OptimusBain

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It wont be, because not all the files are there. By clicking "Upgrade now" you started the upgrade. 

I will try to upload the files to the FTP. As I said, I did not start the upgrade. Saw the error, wrote this topic and I waited until someone from the support team confirmed.

Then I was using my site for a while while I waited for a reply. You were the first one. I tried to log in ACP to confirm and I got the upgrade notification I shared with you. I am 100000000000000 x Googol times sure I didn't click on the upgrade button.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I think you are misunderstanding here. You get to that error you mention by clicking "Upgrade now". 

Forget about this please. We are getting nowhere. I will try to do the manual upgrade. I just didn't click on the upgrade button. I am not that senile to not even forgot about what I did s few minutes ago and am not trying to blame anyone here. Just trying to understand why it got started when I didn't click on that button.

• Solution

Unfortunately, this is an issue with one of your third-party applications/plugins. After disabling these, your "Our Picks" block is working without issue. Please disable all of these items and then test again. Once done, please re-enable them one-by-one to see which one is the issue here. Please contact the author for assistance.

Please keep in mind when going from one version to the next, some third-party applications/plugins may not be compatible yet and you will encounter errors. When you have as many as you have installed, unfortunately, the chances are higher of this.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, this is an issue with one of your third-party applications/plugins. After disabling these, your "Our Picks" block is working without issue. Please disable all of these items and then test again. Once done, please re-enable them one-by-one to see which one is the issue here. Please contact the author for assistance.

Please keep in mind when going from one version to the next, some third-party applications/plugins may not be compatible yet and you will encounter errors. When you have as many as you have installed, unfortunately, the chances are higher of this.

Thanks a lot. I located the plugin that is causing the problem, it's called Our Pick Enhancements 1.0.7. I will contact the developer and request a fix. Thanks