Jump to content

Our Picks module is not displaying the promoted items


Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Our Picks module is not displaying the promoted items. It's been happening for a few days now. I wanted to report it but I forgot about it. May it be related to the beta version that I am running? I can see the promoted articles in Our Picks URL, but I stopped seeing them in the custom block that has been sitting there for more than a year. It just stopped displaying the promoted items.

See attachment. 

What can I do to get them back?

Thanks

Could contain: Text, Page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It looks like it was simply a caching issue. I have cleared cache on your site, and its now working. I would however advise on ensuring you update, as you are not using the latest beta currently

Thanks a lot. I can't see Our Picks yet. I logged in Chrome and Firefox and cleared the browser's cache just in case. I still see the block empty.

I tried to update to the latest beta but I got this error. Is that a known error? Do I need to update it manually? It also happened in an older version a few months ago. Thanks

Could contain: Text

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are getting that, you would indeed need o upload manually. Its because its not been able to unpack on your server for some reason

Did you start an upgrade on my server? I am trying to log in ACP but I can't because it says there is an update in progress. I've been trying to sign in for more than 10m and I just can't. I didn't start any upgrade. Not sure what to do now 

Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by OptimusBain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No. If you got the message you needed to upload files manually, you had already started the upgrade

But I haven't started any upgrade. I wrote that message before. You conformed that I needed to do it manually. I tried to sign in to do it and I can't because the update has been started. I didn't start the upgrade, with 10000% certainty. I didn't upload the files to the FTP yet so I couldn't start it 😞

I've been refreshing the page for 15 minutes now and it's still the same. It's the first time I see such a long upgrade. Is that normal?

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No. If you got the message you needed to upload files manually, you had already started the upgrade

The upgrade is over now. I am not sure what happened here. I neither start the upgrade nor uploaded the files to the FTP.

Edited by OptimusBain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It wont be, because not all the files are there. By clicking "Upgrade now" you started the upgrade. 

I will try to upload the files to the FTP. As I said, I did not start the upgrade. Saw the error, wrote this topic and I waited until someone from the support team confirmed.

Then I was using my site for a while while I waited for a reply. You were the first one. I tried to log in ACP to confirm and I got the upgrade notification I shared with you. I am 100000000000000 x Googol times sure I didn't click on the upgrade button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Saw the error, wrote this topic and I waited until someone from the support team confirmed

I think you are misunderstanding here. You get to that error you mention by clicking "Upgrade now". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I think you are misunderstanding here. You get to that error you mention by clicking "Upgrade now". 

Forget about this please. We are getting nowhere. I will try to do the manual upgrade. I just didn't click on the upgrade button. I am not that senile to not even forgot about what I did s few minutes ago and am not trying to blame anyone here. Just trying to understand why it got started when I didn't click on that button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello again,

I've already installed beta 4 and I can't still see Our Picks module on the home page. I've cleared cache on ACP, cleared cache on Chrome and Firefox, no Our Picks 😞 Blank module on the home page.

Could contain: Text, Page, Electronics

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Unfortunately, this is an issue with one of your third-party applications/plugins. After disabling these, your "Our Picks" block is working without issue. Please disable all of these items and then test again. Once done, please re-enable them one-by-one to see which one is the issue here. Please contact the author for assistance.

Please keep in mind when going from one version to the next, some third-party applications/plugins may not be compatible yet and you will encounter errors. When you have as many as you have installed, unfortunately, the chances are higher of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, this is an issue with one of your third-party applications/plugins. After disabling these, your "Our Picks" block is working without issue. Please disable all of these items and then test again. Once done, please re-enable them one-by-one to see which one is the issue here. Please contact the author for assistance.

Please keep in mind when going from one version to the next, some third-party applications/plugins may not be compatible yet and you will encounter errors. When you have as many as you have installed, unfortunately, the chances are higher of this.

Thanks a lot. I located the plugin that is causing the problem, it's called Our Pick Enhancements 1.0.7. I will contact the developer and request a fix. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...