Downloads: "Column 'crequire_changelog' cannot be null (1048)"

Hi there, 

I've just tried to create a new category in Downloads, the first new one I've added in a couple of years. I've toggled a couple of the settings from their defaults in doing so. However, I'm receving an error:

UPDATE `downloads_categories` `downloads_categories`  SET `cname_furl`='trustees',`callow_anonymous`=false,`cparent`=0,`csortorder`='updated',`cdisclaimer_location`='download',`clog`=NULL,`ctypes`=NULL,`cmaxfile`=NULL,`cmultiple_files`=true,`cversion_numbers`='0',`cversioning`=0,`crequire_changelog`=NULL,`cmaxss`=0,`cmaxdims`='0x0',`ctags_disabled`=true,`ctags_noprefixes`=false,`ctags_predefined`=NULL,`cbitoptions`=133 WHERE cid=26 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'crequire_changelog' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1156): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*esperant_main...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`downloads_cate...', '`cname_furl`=?,...', 'WHERE cid=?')
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2494): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3316): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(419): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/downloads/modules/admin/downloads/categories.php(79): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\downloads\modules\admin\downloads\_categories->form()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/downloads/modules/admin/downloads/categories.php(44): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\downloads\modules\admin\downloads\_categories->execute()
#10 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

It appears that whereas it's accepting NULL as a value for certain settings, it's not a fan of this for crequire_changelog. I'm on 4.6.12.1.

Hi, Marc!

I had one third-party application and three plugins active: having just disabled them all, I tried again, receiving the same error:

UPDATE `downloads_categories` `downloads_categories`  SET `cname_furl`='trustees-2',`callow_anonymous`=false,`cparent`=0,`csortorder`='updated',`cdisclaimer_location`='download',`clog`=NULL,`ctypes`=NULL,`cmaxfile`=NULL,`cmultiple_files`=true,`cversion_numbers`='0',`cversioning`=0,`crequire_changelog`=NULL,`cmaxss`=0,`cmaxdims`='0x0',`ctags_disabled`=true,`ctags_noprefixes`=false,`ctags_predefined`=NULL,`cbitoptions`=133 WHERE cid=27 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'crequire_changelog' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1156): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*esperant_main...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`downloads_cate...', '`cname_furl`=?,...', 'WHERE cid=?')
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2494): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3316): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(419): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/downloads/modules/admin/downloads/categories.php(79): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\downloads\modules\admin\downloads\_categories->form()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/downloads/modules/admin/downloads/categories.php(44): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\downloads\modules\admin\downloads\_categories->execute()
#10 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Notwithstanding the error, the categories were actually created:

Could contain: Text, Page

A further complication, Marc, is that although the process created the categories anyway (just with the default settings rather than those specified), (the unchanged) permissions seem not to be respected. They look like this, as you would expect:

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Plot

Here's where it's positioned relative to the other categories:

Could contain: Text, File, Text Message

And yet if I try to create a new record, the new category isn't an option and doesn't feature in the sidebar:

Could contain: Word, Text, Page, Electronics, File

Could contain: Text, Word, Page, File, Menu, Bush, Plant, Vegetation