How do you clear the cache?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would ask what it is you are looking to achieve here. Cache is cleared as and when cache needs to be cleared by the system.

I updated clubs in my backend but the update wasn't showing on Google Chrome.  I cleared the google chrome browser history and cache but it still wasn't showing the changes I made.  So I was looking for a clear cache option in the backend.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Then indeed, you would use "clear cache" which can be found by logging into your admin CP, then clicking support in the top right. 

Note there are some guest caches server side, which may well take a few minutes to clear

Ok thanks!  BTW, I noticed that there is no red notice on my notification bell when you replied to me.  

Am I correct that I only get the red bell notice if you quote me or if I have "followed" the topic?

It seems like I should get a notice when there are any posts on a topic that I start....  even if I don't click "follow"...

On my own Invision forum website, is there a setting somewhere in the backend that would show users a notice if there are any posts on a topic they started (even if they don't click "follow topic").  Or, can "follow topic" be set to "on" by default and users have to turn if off manually if they don't want notices for their topic?

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, Lucas Thompson said:

Am I correct that I only get the red bell notice if you quote me or if I have "followed" the topic?

It seems like I should get a notice when there are any posts on a topic that I start....  even if I don't click "follow"...

You would only get notification if you are following the topic. You can ensure you are automatically following your own topics though. You would do this from your notification options. Click your name in the top right, click account settings, then click notification settings on the right to set these to your own personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Lucas Thompson said:

On my own Invision forum website, is there a setting somewhere in the backend that would show users a notice if there are any posts on a topic they started (even if they don't click "follow topic").  Or, can "follow topic" be set to "on" by default and users have to turn if off manually if they don't want notices for their topic?

You can set a default for this. The user could then change it if  they prefer to do to. Please see the following guide which shows more information on this for you

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to clear the caches without using the tool in ACP? The reason I ask is that, at the moment, every time I try to load the 'support' page in ACP, I get a MySQL server has gone away error. It's the only page that produces this error, but I'm having other issues that would definitely benefit from clearing the caches (user icons not loading, for example).

Kev

Glad to hear that you resolved the MySQL issue. In issues like that where it may have only been that page triggering that error, it is always advised to not ignore it as it could be the sign of a MySQL issue that could be impacting other areas you are unaware of.