Rule set for Litespeed webserver

Hello! I am trying to integrate Discord's webhooks with Zapier in order to post new topics that are created in Invision's forums on a Discord channel. However, Zapier says it requires SEO enabled. When I looked into the settings in the AdminCP, it says I need to enable the rewriting of URLs. The example .htaccess file given is for Apache servers and our web host is on a Litespeed server.

Would you happen to know how to write the rule for a litespeed server? When our web provider tried doing this, it came with an error that said the rule is not configured properly. Alternatively, is there any other way to have Discord's webhook post in a channel whenever a new forum post/topic is made? Thanks J

Edited by HotCupofJo23

Litespeed is not officially supported by IPS so you’re not going to have much help with this officially. 

However it does look like htaccess is supported in the web server. You might have to adapt a few parameters.  An example for Wordpress is included below  and mentions a few of the different parameters for Apache vs Litespeed.

https://askavy.com/litespeed-wordpress-htaccess/

Sorry, we official do not provide support for LiteSpeed servers. The provided .htaccess is only supported for Apache servers.

I have moved your topic to our community support forum so you can receive support from fellow administrators who may have implemented this.

• 1 year later...

@Jim M: Can using litespeed cause performance issues? I am currently running it, I am not sure if I should be switching to nginx. I know this is a hosting related question, however, I wasn't aware until now about litespeed.

I would appreciate a bit of insight if you would be able to share it.

7 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

@Jim M: Can using litespeed cause performance issues? I am currently running it, I am not sure if I should be switching to nginx. I know this is a hosting related question, however, I wasn't aware until now about litespeed.

I would appreciate a bit of insight if you would be able to share it.

As mentioned, we do not support LiteSpeed so it could encounter unintended consequences if you are. You would need to contact your hosting provider to determine the issue at hand though. It would be recommended to run Apache or NGINX though.