Force theme for Group

Thanks Nathan,

I've tried doing that but there needs to be a Default theme (which I can't seem to remove our Gold and Premium user groups from getting by default).

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

I'm sure there's a logic to solving it somehow.

Well, yes...you have to have at least one theme set as your default, and it will be set to those who have access to it via the "Available for" field below it.

If someone doesn't have access to that theme, but instead has access to another theme (and that is the only theme they have access to) then they should get that theme.

And then, if you want to force a theme to a group right away, overriding what they have chosen...use the option to do so:

Could contain: Text, Word

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

If someone doesn't have access to that theme,

Thanks; that bit seems to be my stumbling block.

Let's say I have two usergroups 1 and 2, and two themes - Basic and Gold and that I only want Usergroup 1 to get the Basic theme and Usergroup 2 the Gold theme - which theme do I make the default? Obviously I can only have one default.

Either/or

If you set 'Basic'...

Usergroup 1 will have access to it, so it will be used.

Usergroup 2 won't have access to it, so can't use it - so 'Gold' will be used.

If you set 'Gold'...

Usergroup 2 will have access to it, so it will be used.

Usergroup 1 won't have access to it, so can't use it - so 'Basic' will be used.

The system really isn't setup in a manner where specific groups only have access to specific themes and that would not include a common default theme across all member groups.

May I ask, what is different about the themes? If it is something like one has advertisements and the other doesn't, there would be better ways in the software to do this.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

what is different about the themes? If it is something like one has advertisements and the other doesn't

That's principally it Jim and I get where you're coming from with that but unfortunately we're wedded to an ad-serving platform across different sites within the business that I have to integrate.

5 minutes ago, RMweb said:

That's principally it Jim and I get where you're coming from with that but unfortunately we're wedded to an ad-serving platform across different sites within the business that I have to integrate.

I would suggest using the advertisement module in our software so you can specify which groups are required to have it (or not). You can read more about it here: 

If you have any questions, please let us know.