Setting up a single, basic wordpress like blog?

I'm trying to set up a simple blog. I am the only writer for now and perhaps I'll invite guest writers in the future. Similar to the Blogs on this site:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/ 

I'm not sure if it's best to do it in Pages or Blogs?

I've tried doing it in Blogs however it seems there's one level I don't need in the hierarchy (the possibility to have multiple blogs), and it confuses me?

Let's say I want two categories, News and Tutorials. It seems like now I have to create a blog inside the category, and then an entry inside the blog, so the tree structure is:

domainname.com/blogs/category/blog-name/entry-name

The breadcrumb is (I've named both the category and blog the same thing, not knowing what to name the blog):

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

However I want a single blog with multiple category, and I'd like to see this:

domainnamecom/blogs/category/entry-name

Just like on this site for example:

invisioncommunity.com/news/community-management/what-successful-communities-do-r1241/

PS: And how do I rename "blogs" to "news" or something else? Thanks!

Edited by Jamynee
Added breadcrumbs image

Thank you both. I'm disappointed to see how difficult it is to create a wordpress like blog in Invision Community. Seeing the blog on this site I assumed that I would get the same functionality and look from the Invision software without too much tweaking or 3rd party plug-ins. 

So I'm going to try to use the default "Articles" page I suppose but creating a blog-like home page with boxes representing each article (rather than a forum-like list of articles names) is a little more challenging that it would seem. 

🤔

9 minutes ago, Jamynee said:

So I'm going to try to use the default "Articles" page I suppose but creating a blog-like home page with boxes representing each article (rather than a forum-like list of articles names)

This is there out of the box. Just change the setting of your database to 

Could contain: Text, White Board

It is not that pretty, but better than a data list.

Edited by Sonya*

7 hours ago, Jamynee said:

Thank you both. I'm disappointed to see how difficult it is to create a wordpress like blog in Invision Community. Seeing the blog on this site I assumed that I would get the same functionality and look from the Invision software without too much tweaking or 3rd party plug-ins. 

So I'm going to try to use the default "Articles" page I suppose but creating a blog-like home page with boxes representing each article (rather than a forum-like list of articles names) is a little more challenging that it would seem. 

🤔

If you'd like, I use the Pages app to operate like wordpress, I'd be happy to help.

My page is CheersandGears.com - We Heart Cars

Edit: And I use @opentype's plug-ins to do it. 

Edited by CheersnGears