Topic with hundreds of posts disappeared

Hello,

I had a thread on my forum with hundreds of replies within it and out of nowhere it disappeared.

I cant neither find it on the DB nor within the content search. After rescanning the post count, the post amount also went down.

What could cause such issue?

Can check the moderator logs to see if it was deleted. If you’re using archiving, check the archive table (you won’t see it via the search but should be accessible via URL)

Otherwise, there is not anything in the core software that can spontaneously delete a topic. 

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Can check the moderator logs to see if it was deleted. If you’re using archiving, check the archive table (you won’t see it via the search but should be accessible via URL)

Otherwise, there is not anything in the core software that can spontaneously delete a topic. 

Archive isnt active. Can you please pass the link?

I checked the Mod Log but beside "Edited" nothing else shows up.

Just now, Jim M said:

Believe there is some confusion. Meant, that the topic would be accessible via the normal link.

Ah no, it just shows 

We could not find that topic.

I just rechecked all logs (moderator log, report log, admin log, system log) and also the DB (posts, threads etc.) and I couldnt find it. If it has been deleted by accident there should be a log within the moderation logs or?

3 minutes ago, Xenos 1337 said:

Ah no, it just shows 

We could not find that topic.

I just rechecked all logs (moderator log, report log, admin log, system log) and also the DB (posts, threads etc.) and I couldnt find it. If it has been deleted by accident there should be a log within the moderation logs or?

If it was deleted via our core software, yes, there would be a moderator log for the event. If it was deleted via the database, a third party add-on, or the database had a corruption event of some kind, this would not be logged as it is outside of our core software.

If you are able to provide the URL for the topic, we can review your database to ensure.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

If it was deleted via our core software, yes, there would be a moderator log for the event. If it was deleted via the database, a third party add-on, or the database had a corruption event of some kind, this would not be logged as it is outside of our core software.

If you are able to provide the URL for the topic, we can review your database to ensure.

DM 🙂

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Done that 🙂