Editor Toolbar Error 1C120/B: Unable to Add New Buttons

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I'm getting a 1C120/B error in ACP whenever I try to add certain buttons to my post editor toolbar.

The specific error that comes up is as follows:

"The plugin does not appear to be valid. Make sure that you have uploaded the plugin exactly as you downloaded it."

The packages are coming straight from CKEditor's website and should not be corrupt in any way. These are the two files that are causing issues:

https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/footnotes

https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/N1ED-editor

Is this an issue with IPB's implementation of CKEditor, or am I doing something wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim, just following up on this - I got in touch with the developer behind the footnotes extension and he says it's been tested to work on 4.19, so not sure where the issue lies with this one. He also just updated the extension and I downloaded and tried to install that on my Invision Community instance and that too threw up the same error. Any chance this can be looked into, in case it's something on Invision's end?

The actual cause is not that the plugin isn't compatible, it's that the zip file as downloaded from CKEditor is really badly structured.

footnotes_1.1.0_0.zip, contains a folder called footnotes_1.1.0, which then contains another folder called CKEditorFootnotes-1.2.0, which then contains another folder called footnotes, which then contains the actual plugin code.

Do the following:

1. Drag the 'footnotes' folder out of the zip file
  2. Then zip the footnotes folder (just dragged out) into a ZIP fil of its own
  3. Upload away!!

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Webpage

For reference to others who might read this topic...the code that uploads the zip in the ACP doesn't do any kind of "is this compatible with this version?" checks. If you get the error above, check the contents of the zip - the plugin.js file should always be in the first folder witin the zip. If it's any deeper than that, then you get the error above.

If it's not compatible/supported, and definitely doesn't work in the version of CKEditor used by IPS, then your Editor will most likely just break.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, Dreadknux said:

Same issue with this one too.

n1ed-editor_2022.2.0.zip contains "plugins" folder, which then contains "N1ED-editor" which then contains the plugin.js file.

It (the zip file) also contains a theme, and instructions on further configuration, and with that...

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

The actual cause is not that the plugin isn't compatible, it's that the zip file as downloaded from CKEditor is really badly structured.

footnotes_1.1.0_0.zip, contains a folder called footnotes_1.1.0, which then contains another folder called CKEditorFootnotes-1.2.0, which then contains another folder called footnotes, which then contains the actual plugin code.

Do the following:

1. Drag the 'footnotes' folder out of the zip file
  2. Then zip the footnotes folder (just dragged out) into a ZIP fil of its own
  3. Upload away!!

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Webpage

Holy moly, haha! 🤯  Was that all it was? Thanks so much @Nathan Explosion! That worked for me now. I might try the same on the other plugins I'm trying to sort out. Now I gotta try and figure out why this particular plugin - one of the only ones that DID install properly - is not working properly in editor. It's a simple gallery plugin but I think the author has abandoned it. 😕