Multiple default profile photos?

Is it possible to upload multiple default profile photos that are automatically cycled through for each member that has not uploaded their photo?

Basically my forum has a bunch of posts with just the first letter of their name in a circle because they didn't upload a photo. To make the forum look better I'm encouraging members to upload their photo, but for those that don't it would be great to have a suite of default profile photos that would be used, instead of just a letter, or having every member have the same default photo.

Does that make sense? Thank you.

What you're saying makes sense but the software doesn't support such functionality.

You can either:

1. Make a plugin/application for it yourself.
  2. Post in this forum if someone is willing to take the request (either free or paid).
  3. Directly hire a 3rd party developer to make it for you. A list of available people can be found in the Providers page: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/. If you're interested I'm on that list too. 😉

7 hours ago, John Teel said:

having every member have the same default photo.

This is possible out of the box.

1. In your ACP go to the Themes and click on the Manage Resources in the line with the Theme.
  2. Search for default_photo.png, edit and replace with whatever you like
  3. Then go to Profiles in ACP and enable Use the theme's default profile photo

On 5/7/2022 at 1:51 AM, Sonya* said:

This is possible out of the box.

1. In your ACP go to the Themes and click on the Manage Resources in the line with the Theme.
  2. Search for default_photo.png, edit and replace with whatever you like
  3. Then go to Profiles in ACP and enable Use the theme's default profile photo

As mentioned by Sonya above, this would be the only possible method from the native software. Any requirements outside of that, would require customization which is outside our scope of support. You may wish to reach out to a third party developer or check out our developer documentation to achieve this.