Problem Reconfirm Terms and Privacy Policy

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

Good morning, 
a few months ago we migrated the platform on a new server and then we implemented the Privacy Policy, we mistakenly clicked on force the request for acceptance to all users even if in truth all our users had already written this policy.

The question is the following:
How can I disable the request to accept the new policy at new login? 

I have already tried to re.edit the policy and not check the box to force but the problem at new logins remains, 

thanks to anyone who will give me a hand,

Enrico 

• Solution

First let me remind you to take a backup of the core_members table before running these queries just to be safe.

===

The column you need to edit is a bitoption one so you can't just use a straight field=value query.

You can use these queries but, as @Marc Stridgen already mentioned, you'd switch it off even for new members who never accepted them in the first place:

# Reset privacy policy
UPDATE core_members SET members_bitoptions2 = members_bitoptions2 & ~32;

# Reset registration terms
UPDATE core_members SET members_bitoptions2 = members_bitoptions2 & ~64;

You can try limiting how many members you reset based on their join date (or last visit/activity) to limit it to older accounts (which are likely to have accepted them already):

# Reset privacy policy
UPDATE core_members SET members_bitoptions2 = members_bitoptions2 & ~32 WHERE joined < XXX;

# Reset registration terms
UPDATE core_members SET members_bitoptions2 = members_bitoptions2 & ~64 WHERE joined < XXX;

Just replace XXX with the timestamp/date you want. Or use last_visit, last_activity or any other fields you might want to check.

Edited by teraßyte