Board just went down…

• Management
Just now, W-G Harland said:

Owch, if I knew this was happening in advance I would of redirected domains for our store networks. Now we are having signficant revenue impacts due to this. Offline since it began, not a good time unfontunely! 

We made a bulletin in your community AdminCP, on our site, and our status page several days ago. Be sure to keep an eye on your AdminCP or subscribe to our status page to get email updates.

44 minutes ago, Charles said:

We made a bulletin in your community AdminCP, on our site, and our status page several days ago. Be sure to keep an eye on your AdminCP or subscribe to our status page to get email updates.

No bulletin on my panel. Also, please consider sending an email as well. This caught some of us by complete surprise. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Shimon said:

No bulletin on my panel. Also, please consider sending an email as well. This caught some of us by complete surprise. 

I did not get any corrspandance in my panel or email. I am following the status page now though, my site is still offline guys, its been hours now guys.

• Management
11 minutes ago, W-G Harland said:

I did not get any corrspandance in my panel or email. I am following the status page now though, my site is still offline guys, its been hours now guys.

Your web site is down because of an issue unrelated to this maintenance. The issue is on your end - I replied to your ticket. Let us know when you resolve the issue and your site should come back online.

15 minutes ago, Guy Shimon said:

I'll see why the bulletin did not show in your AdminCP. Be sure to subscribe to https://status.invisioncommunity.com so you always get updates in case our main systems have issues.

My Board came back Online not long after I posted this Topic. Maybe an hour or so. I also did not have any notice of Maintenance going on in my AdminCP. Nor any email from IPB. When my Board went down with that error I went to this Community Forum and then saw the Maintenance warning, and then Posted this Topic. 

Not a huge set back or problem for me and my Forums. But if I had known about the scheduled Maintenance, and the possibility of issues, I probably would have Noted that on my Board to my Members and even taken if Offline until the Maintenance was completed. 

Regardless, with that said, I am impressed and appreciative with how the IPB team keeps the software and hosting up to date and secure. 

• Management
2 minutes ago, Dazz said:

My site is still down with this error... I've been in contact with my webhost and i've restarted my server and SQL server. How do we contact support now?

Your community is not hosted on our platform so your issues would be unrelated to our maintenance. You would need to contact your web host for assistance with any database issues.

I also did not have any notice in my AdminCP.

And some content that was written during the day is lost. This way, I will lose trust of my community – and in IPS. 

Is there a backup of the lost content, and can it be replaced?

2 hours ago, My Sharona said:

And now my sites have lost content

Yes, same here. ☹

4 minutes ago, Charles said:

Your community is not hosted on our platform so your issues would be unrelated to our maintenance. You would need to contact your web host for assistance with any database issues.

So it's just a coincidence that I'm seeing errors on my site all of a sudden this morning?  The sites been running fine for months with no problems... 

• Management
3 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

I also did not have any notice in my AdminCP.

And some content that was written during the day is lost. This way, I will lose trust of my community – and in IPS. 

Is there a backup of the lost content, and can it be replaced?

Yes, same here. ☹

During the maintenance there was about a 90 minute window where, depending on various circumstances some roll backs may have happened. But it would have been at most one or two hours worth of input. I realize that can still be frustrating but DB maintenance can be difficult. Luckily this is something we generally only do once every year or two. 

1 minute ago, Dazz said:

So it's just a coincidence that I'm seeing errors on my site all of a sudden this morning?  The sites been running fine for months with no problems... 

Yes. As you’re self-hosted your errors are unrelated. 

Feature request: Please tell us in advance, that during the maintenance period there may be a loss of data so that we can announce this to our users and close the community for this time, until everything works fine again. Thanks.

Some of my users don't write just short forum posts, but blog entries they spend literally hours on and if that work is lost, they will probably go somewhere else with their content, where their data is safe.

The following was sent along in a ticket that was ongoing with regard to this issue, at 10:38am EDT this morning. Of which, there has been no response and the issue persists.

"I have another issue that is possibly related here. On xxx.com I managed to post an announcement about possible site outages in between it being down. Now that Charles has stated that maintenance is complete (for today anyway), I went to make the announcement inactive and it is not there. To be clear here, the announcement is showing but in the Site Moderation > Tools > Announcements, there is no record of such an announcement. As such, I know of no way to make the now obsolete announcement, inactive."

Additionally, I went ahead and ran various cron tasks that I thought might clear up the matter, to no avail. The issue remains. Now that this episode of, "maintenance" is  completed, it would be nice to be able to get rid of the obsolete announcement.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. 

Edited by My Sharona