Custom permission denied message - Gallery

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Has something changed with this setting? as I am sure this used to work for me in where if a member couldn't upload images to a certain album they would get the Custom permission denied message

But no matter what I try I cannot get it to show to a user 😕

I have tried all sorts of permissions within the gallery setting and in group settings and all the settings do is add or remove the upload image button 

Having the upload image button there but not allowing them to upload to certain albums just greys that album out! 

The Custom permission denied message should really be sown if they are trying to upload an image to an album they don't have access to but it does not work for me at all 

Am I doing something wrong?

Would it not be better to include the custom error message? 

As everyone can see all albums but only subscribers can upload and create albums and I wanted to use the custom error message to get that across to the members with a link to how to subscribe 

I am sure there will be many more users that operate like this 

Allowing them so far through the process then when selecting an album they then get the error message 

Just now, stu_m said:

Would it not be better to include the custom error message? 

As everyone can see all albums but only subscribers can upload and create albums and I wanted to use the custom error message to get that across to the members with a link to how to subscribe 

I am sure there will be many more users that operate like this 

Allowing them so far through the process then when selecting an album they then get the error message 

Sorry, I can only comment on the current intended functionality here in Support. If you would like to provide a suggestion, please do so in our Feature Suggestion forum.