Problem with ?do=getNewComment

Hello,

We got a question / problem with the “?do=getNewComment” functionality. 

We noticed that for specific topics this method seems to be a bit broken. For example this topic gets this URL: https://test.higherlevel.nl/forums/topic/3090-verzameltopic-zoekmachine-optimalisatie-seo/page/2/#comment-589938

There are 2 things wrong here:

1. This is not the page I left and I can't get it to redirect me to another page.
  2. Also the comment with the pid “589938” isn’t on this page, it is in fact that last comment which is on page 41. This only seems to happened when the boards is set to the type of “Question” whenever it is changed back to “Discussion” it seems to be resolved. 

These problems appear even with all customization disabled. 

Could you help us solve this problem? 

All login credentials are still the same, if you need them again let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, 

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hi Thomas. My colleague and I have been looking at the bug report this morning. The issue here is that getnewcomment is not actually used on Q&A type forums. So its actually working as intended. The reason is, they may well be more than one in different places in the topic, as they aren't chronological in order.

My colleague has put forward a suggestion for these for the future, so we can improve this, but at present this is working as intended.