Databases: FURLs and more views

Hi there,

I'm developing a new section in my website through Databases' system. Currently we always have two views: Listing and Records.

I'd like to extend this functionality and have different Listings. I usually manage to do this via query string parameters. Like $mode=user&user=123 or $mode=default...

Is there any better approach to do this?

Is it possible to create custo FURLs for this idea? For instance:

• /mydatabase/ -> default listing
  • /mydatabase/user/123-theuser -> I'd use this to show some user's posted content
  • /mydatabase/234-thepost -> record default view

Cheers,

Ibai

You can’t access a user’s Pages database records with a query string. 

The different database views are served via templates and those templates get variables with the data to be shown fed into them, like “records in this category”. There is no such thing for “records of a specific user”. Someone would have to code that from scratch. The MySQL queries, the templates, everything. It’s not a feature of Pages currently. The Blogs app however is centered around this concept. 

11 hours ago, opentype said:

You can’t access a user’s Pages database records with a query string. 

The different database views are served via templates and those templates get variables with the data to be shown fed into them, like “records in this category”. There is no such thing for “records of a specific user”. Someone would have to code that from scratch. The MySQL queries, the templates, everything. It’s not a feature of Pages currently. The Blogs app however is centered around this concept. 

Right opentype, thanks for your reply. I had this question and now it's replied hehe. No native way to perform this. That's right, I know how to build those queries.

On the other hand, what about furls? Do you know how can we create new type of furls so I can then get them translated to query parameters?

Cheers,

Ibai