IPS UTF-8 converter stalling at .03%

The browser conversion tool can take some time to operate as it is slower, especially on larger database sizes. If you reload the page, do you see any progress?

Do you have access to your server via SSH? If so and you have a large database, it may be better to utilize the CLI tool to complete this process.

Unfortunately, that would indicate a data issue inside the database. I'm afraid, version 3 is no longer supported, and this includes upgrades as these legacy upgrades generally turn into data conversion issues from previous third party data and more. To obtain assistance with your upgrade, I would recommend reaching out to one of the following third party providers: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/?advanced_search_submitted=1&sortby=primary_id_field&sortdirection=asc&content_field_124[1]=9

7 minutes ago, SonsOfIvy said:

"version 3 is no longer supported, and this includes upgrades"

Did we miss this in the documentation before we spent $250? And when we ran the requirements checker that only indicated that we needed to update our PHP version?

Legacy upgrades would need to be facilitated by third parties if you run into issues. Version 3 has not had any support for some time now.

1 minute ago, SonsOfIvy said:

That's not what the documentation indicated. Who do I contact about a refund for software I can't use?

The software you purchased (version 4) is supported but upgrading from version 3 (which you are on) would require that you work with a third party provider to get you there if you encounter issues. Version 3 is not supported.

I'm afraid, as you downloaded the software, we are unable to provide a refund per our terms of service.

First, it's the license key that has the value, not the download.

Second this is your own documentation:

Upgrading from IP.Board 3 to Invision Community 4

If you are upgrading from IP.Board 3 to Invision Community 4, there are special considerations you should take.

3.x items that are not compatible with 4.x:

• Skins
  • Skin images
  • Third party hooks
  • Third party applications
  • Languages

All base data, including: members, forums, topics, posts, etc. will remain intact and upgrade to Invision Community

We proceeded in good faith based on your published documentation.

While we have legacy documentation for people who which to attempt an upgrade themselves form the 3.x product, we no longer support that product unfortunately. We have not supported that for a considerable amount of time. I can certainly get a ticket open to our management team if you would like me to do that?