How to modify pages CSS beyond blocks?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi I'm creating a page and I'm trying to apply css to other blocks such as the whos online block.

The only css I can apply to things is the option where it has an advanced tab to add css, but the css only applies to the background template of the website and not the other blocks, just the one I'm working on. And some blocks don't have the option to add custom css.

Also I can't copy blocks to the other full custom template pages and create a full template because the blocks lose their live functionality when copying direct HTML. Is it that I have to learn php better or? I am not sure. 

• Solution

CSS in relation to pages could be edited in 3 different locations. 

Block level - This is what you have already seen, whereby the block itself has CSS sections you can enter

Pages templates - Pages has its own set of templates, of which control how pages and databases display. You can see these in Pages->Page Management->Templates . There is a CSS. This is where you would create full custom wrappers if you wish to do so

Theme level - For most people, this would be where you would change CSS. You find this in Customization->Appearance->Themes, by selecting the </> icon at the side of your theme. Here you can edit the way your site looks as a whole, in every way. If you want to add or override CSS elements, generally you would add to the custom.css file you can see on the CSS tab. This is never changed on upgrades, and is loaded last in the cascade (therefore you can use this to override any CSS element)

While we cannot assist with customization itself, you can take a look through our guides in the following location, which has more information on the above areas and much more

On 4/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

CSS in relation to pages could be edited in 3 different locations. 

Block level - This is what you have already seen, whereby the block itself has CSS sections you can enter

Pages templates - Pages has its own set of templates, of which control how pages and databases display. You can see these in Pages->Page Management->Templates . There is a CSS. This is where you would create full custom wrappers if you wish to do so

Theme level - For most people, this would be where you would change CSS. You find this in Customization->Appearance->Themes, by selecting the </> icon at the side of your theme. Here you can edit the way your site looks as a whole, in every way. If you want to add or override CSS elements, generally you would add to the custom.css file you can see on the CSS tab. This is never changed on upgrades, and is loaded last in the cascade (therefore you can use this to override any CSS element)

While we cannot assist with customization itself, you can take a look through our guides in the following location, which has more information on the above areas and much more

It's all good I found the solution, it turns out CSS is editable via pages when you embed it in the other widgets and use data-block titles to select specific elements.