Users being able to post rich text even though it is disabled

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hi,

Today we came across a very weird behavior. We turned off copying and pasting of rich text (Paste Behavior: Always paste as plain text), yet one user was able to post the particular rich text I reproduce below both in the title and in the post itself. I have no clue on how this particular string is being able to bypass this setting.

Note: I disabled all apps and plugins, disabled CloudFlare, and used the default, unmodifed theme, at no avail.

𝙌𝙐𝘼𝙇 𝙁𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝙍𝙄𝘼 𝘼 𝙈𝙀𝙇𝙃𝙊𝙍 𝙊𝙋𝘾̧𝘼̃𝙊?

Could you please test and let us know why/how this string is being able to bypass the setting?

Thanks.

There are dozens of types of these “effects”. 
𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯, 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒾𝓅𝓉, 𝔻𝕠𝕦𝕓𝕝𝕖-𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕔𝕜, Ⓒⓘⓡⓒⓛⓔⓓ, uʍop-ǝpısd∩ …

If you really want to ban it, make it part of your rules, just as you would with questionable content. Not everything can be prevented through technical measures. 

Edited by opentype

Hi @Sonya*. Thanks! 🙂 We were wondering which software people use to do that, as we've seen theses characters being used in apps such as Instagram. As Jim suggested above, we had already an item in our terms & conditions that said we don't allow this, so it is just a an extra work to our moderators to monitor, fix the posts, and warn members.