Admin account disabled - timer always at 14 minutes

Hey all, maybe someone can help me out.

I have been locked out of the admin CP, although I have the password stored in my browser. After 3 attempts I tried logging in again my typing the login details manually, when I got the message that my admin account was disabled and I had to wait 14 minutes. So I did and then I tried again, but I get the same error message over and over again. No matter how long I wait.

Can I fix this inside the mysql database?

Thanks for your help!

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You cannot fix this directly in the database, no. You would need to wait for it to unlock, then once it has, reset your password. You would do this from the login form by selecting the "forgot your password" link

Could you potentially create a NEW member account (assuming registrations are not manually approved by an admin), and then manually change the member's group in the "core_member" table from 1 to 4?

Once the new admin account is accessible, login with that and use it to reset the password of the permanent account?  (Then obviously delete the temporary account when finished.)

Edited by Randy Calvert

13 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Could you potentially create a NEW member account (assuming registrations are not manually approved by an admin), and then manually change the member's group in the "core_member" table from 1 to 4?

Once the new admin account is accessible, login with that and use it to reset the password of the permanent account?  (Then obviously delete the temporary account when finished.)

On a stock installation, you could likely do that yes. We cannot advise on database changes however. The reality here is its very likely resetting the timer due to entering an incorrect password again