Messaging back a Member who Reported a Post

A large part of being able to manage a relatively busy Board is self policing by the Membership. When a Member clicks Report Post on problem Content they can either enter a Message or not. Regardless. I typically like to address their Reporting with a Thank You or a return Message. As is there is no automatic Messaging feature built into the Report Post function for the Member who reposts a Post, but you can click the offending Members name and access a Message function in drop down. As is you need to go to the Reporting Members Profile to Message or go to the Message function, type in their name etc. Being able to quickly Message the Offending Member and the Reporting  Member seems to make sense. 

I just noticed this was mentioned recently in another Topic, with the only response being a third party plug in. Some of us prefer to stay native to the IPB software and functionality. Working this into an update doesn’t seem to be a huge hassle. 

Edited by Allen Bradford

When you're in a report switch to the X User Reports tab and just hover on the user photo/name. Doing so will bring up the member's hovercard and you can find the PM button there.

But yeah, it should probably be made more obvious just like for the reported member.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:07 AM, Allen Bradford said:

I just noticed this was mentioned recently in another Topic, with the only response being a third party plug in. Some of us prefer to stay native to the IPB software and functionality. Working this into an update doesn’t seem to be a huge hassle. 

I believe the mentioned resource is this:

This is for predefined messages. For custom messages, do as said above, by hovering the user link and Message.

Edited by Adriano Faria

On 4/17/2022 at 6:07 AM, Allen Bradford said:

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I believe the mentioned resource is this:

This is for predefined messages. For custom messages, do as said above, by hovering the user link and Message.

As mentioned in my OP….Some Boards owners/admins/mods prefer and choose to stay within the confines of the native Software functionality, and not use third party plug ins. This seems like something IPB could build into the software without a load of hassle. 

I use an iPad for 98% of my Board administrating and moderating. Hovering doesn’t work or doesn’t work well on touch screen tablets or smart phones, in HTML or mobile. 

11 hours ago, teraßyte said:

When you're in a report switch to the X User Reports tab and just hover on the user photo/name. Doing so will bring up the member's hovercard and you can find the PM button there.

But yeah, it should probably be made more obvious just like for the reported member.

2 hours ago, MMXII said:

One can always start a new conversation with anyone, but then you have to manually refert to the report. It would be nice, if somehow a report-related conversation was clearly tied to the report itself (visibly).

or simply add a link to the message form like on Staff page:

RmKYEsI.png