Site is down and not able to complete the upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Can someone help please. This is the message I am getting during the upgrade to the latest version :

image.thumb.png.1e0a5dbb9bb519a93382c23efacffb4b.png

I am new here and I would like to know if there is a restore point to go back to to bring the site back?

Thanks Randy, there is no such thing called recovery mode where I can log in to disable all 3rd party plugins. 

I don't understand why I am not able to go to ACP and revert the upgrade or go back to a working point for the site. Not good for sure. Support tells me that they are waiting for a manager to bring my site back.

Recovery Mode (Self hosted only)

If you get to the point in which you cannot get to the admin CP, nor the front end, you can try using our new recovery mode function. In order to use this, you would add the following line to a constants.php file within your installations main directory

<?php
define('RECOVERY_MODE',True);

Once this is set, you can visit your ACP location and log in. On login you will see something similar to the below, which will be disabling 3rd party items, resetting default themes, and attempting to get you to a stock position so you can log in (it will not be deleting anything, don't worry)

56 minutes ago, abobader said:

Recovery Mode (Self hosted only)

If you get to the point in which you cannot get to the admin CP, nor the front end, you can try using our new recovery mode function. In order to use this, you would add the following line to a constants.php file within your installations main directory

<?php
define('RECOVERY_MODE',True);

Once this is set, you can visit your ACP location and log in. On login you will see something similar to the below, which will be disabling 3rd party items, resetting default themes, and attempting to get you to a stock position so you can log in (it will not be deleting anything, don't worry)

Hey abobader, leave & learn for this Newbie. 😢 

3 hours ago, CBA said:

Thanks, that is what I am awaiting for for the last 10 hours!!!

The reason for this is you have not asked for the site upgrade to be fixed. You have instead requested your site is restored to an earlier point in time prior to the backup. That can take some time, and may be a few days it some instances, as this is not something caused by the core platform. This is rather something caused by a 3rd party application.

If you are just looking to get your site back online, we may be able to remove that item from the upgrade process and go from there. Would you like us to see if we can do that for you?