Same block with background and without

I have created a custom block (WYSIWYG) with some text.

The block looks different depending on where I place it with Block Manager. In Forums, it has a white background:

image.thumb.png.8f37250721f7072b064e7cf148e44c8d.png

In Pages, it does not have a white background

image.thumb.png.785f31bae7b4e58b7279bbf27e7197b0.png

Questions:

1. Is it possible to create a WYSIWYG-Block that looks the same on every page?
  2. Is it possible to remove the white background on the block, when placed in Forums?

I need a solution without custom CSS (the blocks will be added by the community manager without CSS knowledge).
A custom plugin is not possible as this is a Starter cloud package, where custom plugins are not allowed.

12 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Is that a stock theme? I ask as I believe this was a bug that was resolved some time ago

It is an default theme customized in easy mode editor. You can reproduce it on invisionify.com The credentials are valid.

How to reproduce:

1. Go to AdminCP
  2. Create New Block and choose custom (Content Editor: Editor)
  3. Add some text
  4. Add a block via Block Manager on (a) Forums and (b) Database Page

I have switched to the default IPS Theme for the test. The result is the same. It has a background in forums and no background in Pages. 

And I do not know how to delete the background from the block without custom CSS or a 3-rd-party plugin.

• 1 month later...

As a first step, please disable all 3rd-party apps and plugins, and switch to a default front-end Theme that has not been edited in any manner (color changes or otherwise).

Then repeat the process you used to first see the issue.

Does it still happen?

55 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Does it still happen?

Yes. You can see the block if you log in as an administrator (the login details are valid).

The custom block "Background Test" is placed on the start page at the very bottom and the forum index page at the bottom as well. You can switch to unmodified IPS Default theme to reproduce it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Justin Scott said:

Frustrating known limitation, any news on a fix? For example, a simple ability in the wysiwyg editor to select a background color, just as you can with Page Builder: Text?

There is no fix for this at present, as its not actually a bug. It's a limitation in the way this area is designed. These areas have completely changed for version 5 however.