New records in different categories

Go to solution Solved by Sonya*,

1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

Multiple categories are not possible in Pages. Possible workarounds to assign a record to multiple "categories":

• Custom Field: Checkbox Set
  • Custom Field: Select with multiple selection
  • Tags

Thanks, in the case of custom field (checkbox, and multiple selection), the user would select several categories, but the record wouldn't populate itself in those database categories right? I would have to do that manually?

You would not use categories in this case, but create a database filter to show records from the same "category". It is a workaround. 

Just to mention, copying a record sounds like awful idea for me. Managing the same record in different places... Duplicate content...

8 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

You would not use categories in this case, but create a database filter to show records from the same "category". It is a workaround. 

Just to mention, copying a record sounds like awful idea for me. Managing the same record in different places... Duplicate content...

It is a doctor directory. So when the doctor is adding herself to the directory, she should be able to select one or several speciality subcategories, one or several procedure subcategories, and one or several condition subcategories.

image.thumb.png.9fe130877a420a6d54496874d56d62a6.png

I am still populating subcategories, but I am trying to imagine how doctors will be able to join the directory in several subcategories, without having to duplicate records.