Russian spammers

Thanks. This is sort of workaround. Best would be to implement simple QA. I know no robot that can pass some sort of smart questions. At same time we would filter out dumb clients. Two birds with one stone 😂

Edited by PatrickRQ

2 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

It is a trough contact form for guests.

Give a CleanTalk a try.

1. Install a free plugin via Marketplace
  2. Register with CleanTalk for 7-days-trial (8$/year after the trial period)
  3. Put your API key in AdminCP
  4. Enable contact form protection

image.thumb.png.3a1a93cdbdd5cbb3a9f1c2f0c26fe9aa.png

I have never gotten any spam through the contact form since then.

It also protects from spam registrations. And includes a firewall. 

Edited by Sonya*

I get spam through contact as well that I have creating tickets. I always mark them in IPS as SPAM, but I'm not really sure what that does because they keep coming back. Is there a log that holds this info? Not sure. Would be good if I marked it as SPAM they would not be able to create a new contact/request or were automatically marked for the next time.

image.png.2a5073fa0a782a11292f800ab1c32989.png

8 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

I get spam through contact as well that I have creating tickets. I always mark them in IPS as SPAM, but I'm not really sure what that does because they keep coming back. Is there a log that holds this info? Not sure. Would be good if I marked it as SPAM they would not be able to create a new contact/request or were automatically marked for the next time.

Setting them as Spam does not report them to IPS or do anything special.  It is just a status for the ticket.  It helps by not skewing reports on agent resolution, etc if you use the ticket reports.  But you could also just delete the ticket.  

I personally just use CleanTalk.  It's cut down on the contact us form spam by about 95%.  For my site, I would average 1-2 spam messages PER DAY...  now only about 1-2 a MONTH get through.  

I had a new spam ticket this morning, but it turns out it was not even from the contact us form...  it came from them emailing the support queue directly since we allow tickets to be opened via email.