Subscription Invoices Created by Guests

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I just have a simple question. Guests go click on subscriptions and it creates an invoice that is pending with absolutely no contact information. I click 'cancel' since if I click on 'delete' I get a warning message to cancel before I delete, so I do that, cancel then delete. What is the issue if I just delete and not cancel?  And is there anyway to reduce the number of these bogus guest subscriptions that do nothing but take up time to delete? Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 4:49 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

If you allow guest purchase, there isnt really any way to reduce those unfortunately. Invoices must be cancelled first, in order to ensure it updates other areas properly

Can you give me an example of what other areas this affects so I understand this a little better?  Cancel then delete is such a tedious extra step. I want to be sure I understand the caveats of simply delete and NOT cancel. 

Edited by bradybarrows

8 hours ago, bradybarrows said:

I want to be sure I understand the caveats of simply delete and NOT cancel. 

The caveat is that you then would have no trace of them. As mentioned by opentype above, I Would ask yourself why you want to delete them anyway. It can be very handy to cancel items rather than delete, as you then always have a trace of everything that is happening on your site. 

20 hours ago, opentype said:

Why do you feel you need to delete them? 

Guests create these invoices with no contact information and they clog the invoices. I have no idea why anyone would do this but they do. I like to see the actual paid invoices and keep them of course and there are way more useless invoices from guests.