Notifications

Adriano Faria

This works flawless! it has webhooks, and other apps pick it up as well! This is something that should have come with Invision framework! you can simply make a cool custom notification to your community and customize who it goes to, and it works instantly! I use this on a 110K+ sized community and it is flawless!

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

Nice idea! Question, does this trigger an email notification to the member(s) once you send a notification?

Hello,

It uses the notifications system so if the user chose to receive email, he will receive it. Personally, I think only the inline notification would be enough but I wanted to make it use all options. That’s up to the user… or to the admin enable/disable email in the ACP Notifications page. 

• 1 month later...

Where is permission to send notifications set please?  Have made sure groups are selected to have access to the installed module.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. 

I can load the Notifications page but the button to create a new notification does not appear because of this check in the template.  

{{if \IPS\notifications\Notification::canSendNotification()}}

Just not seeing where that permission is defined to be able to send.

2 minutes ago, Kaossilator said:

Where is permission to send notifications set please?

In the file description:

Groups permissions:

• Can send notifications to members?
  • Can send notifications to groups?
  • Content items required to send notifications
  • Restrict new notifications per hour/day/week or month

ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit the group you want.

Posted (edited)

Perfect, thank you!

I was going into group permissions where permissions are set for Forums, Calendar, etc not into group edit. 

/Edit: Maybe I was too hasty.. I edited one of my groups to be able to send but still not seeing the option show up on the Notifications page.  I'm definitely in the group. 

/Edit 2: I just updated my user so that my primary group is the one I added with Notification send permissions.  It was already a secondary group but it seems to require being set as primary.  Once I moved to primary it's working and I can see the New Notification button.

Could contain: Text, File

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Webpage

Edited by Kaossilator