Notifications

This works flawless! it has webhooks, and other apps pick it up as well! This is something that should have come with Invision framework! you can simply make a cool custom notification to your community and customize who it goes to, and it works instantly! I use this on a 110K+ sized community and it is flawless!

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

Nice idea! Question, does this trigger an email notification to the member(s) once you send a notification?

Hello,

It uses the notifications system so if the user chose to receive email, he will receive it. Personally, I think only the inline notification would be enough but I wanted to make it use all options. That’s up to the user… or to the admin enable/disable email in the ACP Notifications page. 

• 1 month later...

Where is permission to send notifications set please?  Have made sure groups are selected to have access to the installed module.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. 

I can load the Notifications page but the button to create a new notification does not appear because of this check in the template.  

{{if \IPS\notifications\Notification::canSendNotification()}}

Just not seeing where that permission is defined to be able to send.

2 minutes ago, Kaossilator said:

Where is permission to send notifications set please?

In the file description:

Groups permissions:

• Can send notifications to members?
  • Can send notifications to groups?
  • Content items required to send notifications
  • Restrict new notifications per hour/day/week or month

ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit the group you want.

Perfect, thank you!

I was going into group permissions where permissions are set for Forums, Calendar, etc not into group edit. 

/Edit: Maybe I was too hasty.. I edited one of my groups to be able to send but still not seeing the option show up on the Notifications page.  I'm definitely in the group. 

/Edit 2: I just updated my user so that my primary group is the one I added with Notification send permissions.  It was already a secondary group but it seems to require being set as primary.  Once I moved to primary it's working and I can see the New Notification button.

Could contain: Text, File

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Webpage

Edited by Kaossilator
  • 4 months later...

Hi @Adriano Faria, I noticed that when I open the dropdown, the link in "View all notifications" has changed:

notifications/

to:

/customnotifications/?app=core&module=system

How come this choice? Is it possible to have the "original" link or does it create conflicts to the application? Because if I go to the notifications link I get:

Sorry!

The page you requested does not exist

51 minutes ago, Askancy said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, I noticed that when I open the dropdown, the link in "View all notifications" has changed:

notifications/

to:

/customnotifications/?app=core&module=system

How come this choice? Is it possible to have the "original" link or does it create conflicts to the application? Because if I go to the notifications link I get:

My bad. I'll report the file to reject the pending version then I'll submit the fix for this.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The app is: .../index.php?/customnotifications/

Default Core notifications page: .../index.php?/notifications/

In customnotifications you will see custom notifications while in notifications you will not? Why the use of this duplication?

Thank you very much for the correction! I didn't know if that change was intended or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Schaken said:

I kept getting wild errors when I would merge user accounts. Took me a long time to track it down, turns out it is this, or maybe this app is not compatible with another app I have.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

When I disable this app, I can merge accounts just fine without an error. otherwise it gives me an error and wont merge them fully.

Will take a look tomorrow in the morning. 👍

12 hours ago, Schaken said:

I kept getting wild errors when I would merge user accounts. Took me a long time to track it down, turns out it is this, or maybe this app is not compatible with another app I have.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

When I disable this app, I can merge accounts just fine without an error. otherwise it gives me an error and wont merge them fully.

Not sure how did you manage to add so many members in there? I mean, although you can select more than one member, and this is THE bug here (should be one only), it sends only to the first, as you can see in all screenshots of this app:

Screenshot1.PNG.f160143f408a3f61c949748c

Screenshot7.PNG.97b343617516c7537489b1b1

Having only one member in the filed, you won't get that error. Funny because I can't even reproduce the error. I tried to add 3 members in a message and it sends only to one, the first selected; this is what the script is supposed to do.

Will restrict it to one member only.

uhh, I'm not sure what you mean by fitting so many. I select "Groups" and select members, which is the entire community. My community is currently 149288 members. But it does not mess up when sending any notifications at all. the only issue is when I merge an account. I have members that will buy a membership and then make a new account and then complain to me because their new account doesn't have a membership on it. Granted they are idiots, but still I try to just merge their accounts and I get an error and it don't merge, this was the error that I showed you.

Ill make sure you have admin access and ill PM you the details to gain access. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to make the link field not required? Or add an option to enable/disable its requirement? My site uses notifications for a variety of reasons (currently using it to replace the Custom Notification app from Fosters) and not all of them relate to specific pages on our site.

You know when you click in the notification at the top of the board you go to somewhere set in the script, right? If I remove it, how will I redirect the user? I’m not sure link is optional in the (IPS) Notification model.

EDIT:

Made a quick test and removed the URL from a Core notification:

xh3LInU.png

Result: the link keeps existing but pointing to the base URL, so no... That doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, wanted to confirm if the plugin does the following functionalities: 

• Only Moderators/Administrators can inject news into everyone's notifications feed
  • When we send something it shows in everyone's news feed all at once

Thanks!

Note: This is JP, developer at The Tech Tribe. I am writing on behalf of Nigel's account

Edited by Nigel Moore
Clarifying who posted the message

Hello,

7 minutes ago, Nigel Moore said:

Hi, wanted to confirm if the plugin does the following functionalities: 

• Only Moderators/Administrators can inject news into everyone's notifications feed
  • When we send something it shows in everyone's news feed all at once

Thanks!

Note: This is JP, developer at The Tech Tribe. I am writing on behalf of Nigel's account

Not sure what you mean by notifications feed. This resource creates a notification and sends to members and they will be displayed in the notification's appropriate places, like:

0IAryYh.png

and the notifications page: https://invisioncommunity.com/notifications/