Adsense - Ads.txt file

• 1 month later...

If you created that file in the Pages app following the steps in the guide carefully, it should have satisfied the Adsense requirement.

Can you please double-check that you do have that Page created, that it still is shown in the ACP, and that it is set up following the guide? (Make sure all fields or menu choices match what the guide says.)

EDIT: That guide is somewhat generic, so for ads.txt you have to fill in the info required by Adsense. The "Content" sub-tab field would be the code block which Adsense provides.

Could contain: Text, File, Webpage

google.com, pub-3725914185598757, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
On 5/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, Randy Calvert said:

Can you post a link to your ads.txt?  It should just be www.yourdomain.com/ads.txt.  I'm just wanting to check to make sure you've properly disabled the default HTML wrapper.  

That's exactly what it is Randy.. Just the domain and the ads.txt and as you can see from the image above, the HTML wrapper is disabled

On 5/25/2022 at 6:49 PM, Mark H said:

If you created that file in the Pages app following the steps in the guide carefully, it should have satisfied the Adsense requirement.

Can you please double-check that you do have that Page created, that it still is shown in the ACP, and that it is set up following the guide? (Make sure all fields or menu choices match what the guide says.)

EDIT: That guide is somewhat generic, so for ads.txt you have to fill in the info required by Adsense. The "Content" sub-tab field would be the code block which Adsense provides.

It's definitely there and I followed the instructions. It's been fine ever since I first created the page (date at the start of this thread) but changed this week!

On 5/27/2022 at 10:46 AM, Randy Calvert said:

Can you actually browse to the ads.txt file and see the contents correctly?  If so… you can ignore the warning. It will be fine. 

Randy is correct here.

If you click on the "Learn More" option to the notification, you will see what AdSense is expecting to be in your ads.txt file. Open your own ads .txt file with the following url;  xxx.tld/ads.txt/ and see if it contains what you need to have there as specified by the, "Learn More" notification. 

Edited by My Sharona

On 5/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, Randy Calvert said:

Can you actually browse to the ads.txt file and see the contents correctly?  If so… you can ignore the warning. It will be fine. 

Yeah, and it's the same as the download. So hopefully it will go away!

Edited by Owlsonline Admin

39 minutes ago, Owlsonline Admin said:

Is there a 'how to' on this? Sorry to be a pain!?

If you have FTP access (meaning you're not hosted in the IPS cloud), you just create a file called ads.txt with that content and put it in your root folder of your site.  If you're hosted on IPS cloud, you don't have FTP access and you would have to use the article noted above to create the file.

It's weird as that

13 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you have FTP access (meaning you're not hosted in the IPS cloud), you just create a file called ads.txt with that content and put it in your root folder of your site.  If you're hosted on IPS cloud, you don't have FTP access and you would have to use the article noted above to create the file.

I am hosted on cloud, but It's strange as this above is exactly what I've done with the ads.txt file/details. It was all fine, then all of a sudden, not! 

do I need to put the robot.txt in too? The adsense learn more link doesn't say so

Edited by Owlsonline Admin

20 hours ago, Owlsonline Admin said:

Is there a 'how to' on this? Sorry to be a pain!?

I'm assuming you are owlsonline.com.

If so, the url owlsonline.com/ads.txt returns a text file with txt that looks quite similar to mine but with a different publisher id, which means as long as your publisher ID matches what you see in your adsense console, you should be fine and you're good to go. 

20 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Again this could be a false positive issue. Has your earnings dropped to almost 0?  If not it’s most likely simply a false alarm. 

It has dropped, below but not too dissimilar to what it was this time last year. 

And it seems like things have sorted themselves out now, the warning has gone. So all should be good...

THANK YOU EVERYONE, you're all legends!