Cannot enable Zapier (Self-host)

When I try to enable Zapier in integrations I'm met with:

3C414/1 Zapier needs to use the REST API to communicate with your community, but there is currently an issue with your REST API setup. Visit the REST & OAuth page to learn more and fix this issue.

I checked over the REST API section and I have nothing created there. What do I need to do to get this to work?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

@Marc Stridgen I suggest you do a brand new test install, and see if you can set up the REST API.

I had same issue after re-installing my test site, and ensuring I had friendly URLs enabled, and knew that (unless something has changed) I needed to place a htaccess file in the API folder. Problem is: there appears to be nowhere on the API section where I can download the file. So I grabbed the file from my live site, job sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This issue has been resolved in 4.6.12, which has just been release. Please let us know if you still have any issues once you have upgraded to that release.

Still getting the same issue. Do I have to do anything special to get it to work?

Disregard. I found the steps when going to the restapi section now. All sorted

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

Disregard. I found the steps when going to the restapi section now. All sorted

The Zapier-Integration page should still show the Error Message and redirect you to the REST API Page with further instructions to download the htaccess file, didn't this happen to you?

81d6297715e56c0d942e438662f3ec0c.gif

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

The Zapier-Integration page should still show the Error Message and redirect you to the REST API Page with further instructions to download the htaccess file, didn't this happen to you?

No, it just remained on the error. I had to go to the api section manually and the instructions appeared.

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 2:47 AM, Daniel F said:

Just a note that this seems to still not be working as intended. Clicking that link for me takes me to the OAuth tab.  I was able to download the .htaccess file using the do=htaccess in the url, but it didn't resolve the problem of not being able to set up Zapier.

If I remember correctly setting up Zapier required downloading two .htaccess files one went to the same directory as your index.php file resides and another would be placed in the /api directory. The htacess file needed to have a period placed in front in order for the system to register it's intended purpose.  Both files would become hidden unless you control panel was set to unhide it.

When the two files were in place a new configuration screen was shown to me to configure the Zapier credentials.  Have you at least made it to that step?

You might need to refresh the system cache after placing the two htaccess files for the configuration wizard to recognize their existence and proceed to the next step. That helped for me if my memory is correct.  

On 5/28/2022 at 5:57 AM, Chris Anderson said:

If I remember correctly setting up Zapier required downloading two .htaccess files one went to the same directory as your index.php file resides and another would be placed in the /api directory. The htacess file needed to have a period placed in front in order for the system to register it's intended purpose.  Both files would become hidden unless you control panel was set to unhide it.

When the two files were in place a new configuration screen was shown to me to configure the Zapier credentials.  Have you at least made it to that step?

You might need to refresh the system cache after placing the two htaccess files for the configuration wizard to recognize their existence and proceed to the next step. That helped for me if my memory is correct.  

Thank you.  As I was having to "manual" download the htaccess file, I wasn't getting any instructions to put it in the API folder.  However, that file was already in place in the API folder, which I assume is why I'm not getting the prompt to download it.  I did add the text to my main htaccess file as well, but that didn't fix anything either.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Updated the FTP side. I can see you got into the Admin panel.

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2023 at 5:34 AM, Wolfie said:

I just had an issue where clicking the button to download the file wouldn't do anything.  But once I added "&do=htaccess" to the URL bar, it worked.  Using the 4-Slurpee version (4.7.11).

That would be unrelated to this, as this was that it was saying the htaccess is not present