Dark Mode (support topic)

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Immediately after configuration of the dark mode settings, the theme straight away displays as dark mode and requires a click to switch it back to default.

Yes, that's because dark mode will load automatically based on your op system. I will add an option to enable/disable that in another version   🙂

1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

Yes, that's because dark mode will load automatically based on your op system

Based on what in the OS exactly? It's 3:49pm here, it's still bright out, so I wouldn't be expecting it to switch to dark mode for a couple more hours (if it was time-based)

Edited by Nathan Explosion
7 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Based on what in the OS exactly? It's 3:49pm here, it's still bright out.

Based on operation system configuration. for example if you have configured your browser or your windows to use dark mode colors, then the dark mode will load for you. (not for anyone else. Only you. It has nothing to do with day and night )

Edited by TAMAN
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Refsmmat said:

Hi, thanks for this great app.

Do you think you could add a possibility to use another logo in dark mode? 

You can do that by editing th dark mode template in your theme. (you can replace the font awesome icons i use there)

but i will try to add an option for that in the next update 🙂 

thanks 

Edited by TAMAN
On 3/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, TAMAN said:

Based on operation system configuration. for example if you have configured your browser or your windows to use dark mode colors, then the dark mode will load for you. (not for anyone else. Only you. It has nothing to do with day and night )

Hello @TAMAN, do you have any plans to add the possibility to have dark mode turned off by default for everyone unless they manually turn it on? I'm a little concerned about installing it if some members will suddenly see the site in dark mode without having switched it themselves. 

11 hours ago, TAMAN said:

You can do that by editing th dark mode template in your theme. (you can replace the font awesome icons i use there)

Thanks, I had already a look on that but it wasn't cleat to me how that would work. Anyway, I will have another look and try to get something worked out!

4 hours ago, Jamynee said:

I'm a little concerned about installing it if some members will suddenly see the site in dark mode without having switched it themselves. 

Hi,

that wont happen. if it loads automatically then that means the user has choosen dark mode on thier operation system settings, for example on windows or mac or android phones, if you enable dark mode then your website will also load in dark mode color scheme 🙂 

but i have already added an option to disable that including some improvements , so it will be available in the next update 

1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

if you enable dark mode then your website will also load in dark mode color scheme 🙂 

Thank you for your answer!

However my concern is that even if a user has dark mode enabled on their OS, they may be used to light mode on my website and I wouldn't want them to suddenly see a dark mode that they're not used to. 

So anyway if you have a setting to disable that behavior and keep light mode by default for all in your next version, I'll wait for that!

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Jamynee said:

Thank you for your answer!

However my concern is that even if a user has dark mode enabled on their OS, they may be used to light mode on my website and I wouldn't want them to suddenly see a dark mode that they're not used to. 

So anyway if you have a setting to disable that behavior and keep light mode by default for all in your next version, I'll wait for that!

Thanks. 

There is a new icon in userbar to switch between dark mode and the default theme colors 

its exactly one click and the user dont even need to refresh the page 🙂 

I understand.

My concern is for users who are less comfortable with computers in general (we have a few of them), who may not even know anything about dark mode and that would be very surprised by the new look and think they have done something wrong and not recognize the website. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
When using the daylight mode, clicking an arbitrary link in our forum opens the page in dark mode for about 0,5 sec. and then the daylight theme is applied. Is it a known issue? Is there anything we could try to fix it? In dark mode there's no such issue that clicking a link would briefly show the opened page in daylight mode. I could create a video demonstrating the issue, if necessary.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, TAMAN said:

thanks 

Where do you find the font awesome icons youre using there? Ive been looking trough the editor in ACP, on ftp trough themes/theme/css/darkmode/front/darkmode.css and various folders in applications/darkmode and couldnt find anything... Sorry if its a silly question, but I am a beginner in those things and am struggling with it for the last couple of hours. I'd love to be able to use a light logo in the dark mode. 

Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated! Great app! 

Edited by angle4cor
8 hours ago, angle4cor said:

Where do you find the font awesome icons youre using there? Ive been looking trough the editor in ACP, on ftp trough themes/theme/css/darkmode/front/darkmode.css and various folders in applications/darkmode and couldnt find anything... Sorry if its a silly question, but I am a beginner in those things and am struggling with it for the last couple of hours. I'd love to be able to use a light logo in the dark mode. 

Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated! Great app! 

Hi,

you can edit the darkmode template in ACP

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage, Word

18 hours ago, angle4cor said:

Hey. I really like this feature. I have a problem though - the board happen to accidently change from dark to light for no reason at times. Is there a way to fix it? 

Greetings

Darkmode uses browser cookies to store the data, so this can happen if you clear your browser cookies...or if you visit from another browser 

4 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

you can edit the darkmode template in ACP

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage, Word

Darkmode uses browser cookies to store the data, so this can happen if you clear your browser cookies...or if you visit from another browser 

Thanks. I cant code yet and it seems like you'd need to type it in there from scratch as mentioned earlier font awesome icons needed for an alternative logo are nowhere to be found in the darkmode template. I'll wait for the official update then. 

Both, my iPhone and PC are in a dark setting, but I want to use my website in light colors and as a result whenever I am opening a page on the forums it changes to dark theme for like a second or two and then goes back to light mode. I dont think it has anything to do with cookies as I havent cleared them and I'm  experiencing it from both my phone and computer. 

Greetings

Edited by angle4cor
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, james tonks said:

Hi,

Thank-you for the plug-in. I've installed it but I cant find it anywhere. It says enabled in applications. Is there a guide anywhere?

Hi,

When you enable this application, a "dark mode" tab will be added in each of your theme settings.

ACP -> CUSTOMIZATION -> Themes -> Edit

32 minutes ago, james tonks said:

Thanks. I got it working and loaded up the default colours.

When I'm in dark mode and navigate the forum, everything is fine.

When I'm in light mode and navigate the forum, the dark them flashes up for a second.

I've cleared all cache.

Example: https://www.koboxingforum.com/

What can I do to fix this?

Hi,

This happens when you are logged out, I can't replicate that when logged in

There's a new update coming and I will fix it 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...