Estimate of threshold for not getting a 403 error mass updating profiles?

Hi there I am on CIC.  I have a mod that updates a single profile field from a CSV of email/code pairs.

Even when I break it down into files of 300, if a I do a few in a row I get a 403 error. 

Does anyone have an idea what the threshold might be or the timing of that?  Like does it reset per minute or something like that?

Thanks
JM

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I have tagged our developers who are better placed to be able to answer the question for you there. Someone will be in contact as soon as possible

Thanks Marc.

I was able to get through all of them by waiting about 2-3 minutes between batches. 

I hope we can figure it out, as I would like to get some more batch tools like this made.  

Does this mod perform the updates all at once, a multiple redirect, or does it use background tasks? Ideally, you should contact the author and ask if they can change the process - CiC has a hard limit on the number of requests per minute, as well as a hard timeout on the length of a request.

Ideally, anything that performs a mass-update should use the background task system to avoid issues such as blocked requests or timeouts.

1 hour ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Does this mod perform the updates all at once, a multiple redirect, or does it use background tasks? Ideally, you should contact the author and ask if they can change the process - CiC has a hard limit on the number of requests per minute, as well as a hard timeout on the length of a request.

Ideally, anything that performs a mass-update should use the background task system to avoid issues such as blocked requests or timeouts.

I don't know how it was made.

I was wondering if it could just be slowed down, which is why I was wondering what the  threshold is.  

I'll further break down the list into smaller chunks and wait it out for now.

Thanks
Jamie