Broken after upgrade to 4.6.10

Go to solution Solved by Nigel Moore,

Hello I need help, after upgrade to 4.6.10 the forum in frontend suddenly showing rubbish code when I try to post a topic or reply in a topic, so I decided to revert back to 4.6.9 as I backup the Database and the files before upgrade, however the problem exists, here is the screenshot

image.thumb.png.294fbdf1076276f920cf344b6d98a24f.png

How do I fix?

Thank you

-- Allan of Nigel's Team

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You need to update all access details. At present I can neither log in through your SSO nor access ftp, so cannot see the issue nor check anything

Ah ok, not sure how do I do that, are you talking about giving you FTP? Sorry, how do I setup this things?

-- Allan of Nigel's Team

5 minutes ago, Nigel Moore said:

Ah ok, not sure how do I do that, are you talking about giving you FTP? Sorry, how do I setup this things?

-- Allan of Nigel's Team

If you are unsure on how to set up these things, you would need to contact your hosting company. With the access on the front end, we need an admin login. These should then be added on file within your client area by selecting your license and selecting to review your access details. Without these, we have no ability to assist.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are unsure on how to set up these things, you would need to contact your hosting company. With the access on the front end, we need an admin login. These should then be added on file within your client area by selecting your license and selecting to review your access details. Without these, we have no ability to assist.

I understand, ill ask for this request Marc

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Hi Marc, I updated the access details in Nigel's account, both FTP and admin access..

So what happened is that I updated the IPB to 4.6.10, I did the update in one of our staging URL, and it turns out it was working well, so I decide to update the live from 4.6.9 to 4.6.10, but after that, my posts are having rubbish codes ( others are not affected )

I remember before I updated to 4.6.10, I created a user custom profile fields, a check box type, however it gives me error when I save it, something got to do with the table "core_pfields_content" that it needs to be dynamic, as it turn out it is compact. So I change the table into dynamic, and it seems working, as I can see my posts without those rubbish code showing.

So fast forward, I upgrade to 4.6.10 ( again starting with our staging ) and yes, my posts in forums are displaying rubbish code as seen in the screenshot attached.

So I revert back to 4.6.9 by copying all the backup files and database, everything works fine except I still see that rubbish code in my posts, I thought it should fix as I just revert back to 4.6.9 database and files..

So I try to play around and notice when I remove that custom tag I created, the rubbish code is not displaying anymore. I thought it should not happened as it should be reverting back to 4.6.9

Hope this helps and you can help us

When you logged in, try to set your profile to this custom fields "MSP/IT BIZ Status" and check it

Regards

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Edited by Nigel Moore
sending more info

• Solution
15 hours ago, Daniel F said:

This looks like a debug output for me.

Are any profile field related plugins installed? Is it also happening when 3rd party apps and plugins are disabled? 
Do you use a custom output formatting for the custom field?

Hmm, thank you, ill check, might be a dump in the code

Yep, my bad, there was a dump code there, I'm vert sorry, thank you for the help.

Allan of Nigel's Team