Social Sign In - Google Login 403 error

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I have https enabled and followed the Google account login tutorial. Now everything works until I select the Google account that I wish to sign in with. Then I receive a 403 error on the https://mysite.com/store/oauth/callback/?very_long_api_key*
Currently the app's publishing status is product and user type is external. Also, the Authorized redirect URI within the Client ID settings matches what is shown in the ACP.

I have doubled checked everything and am not sure what could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated!

*Keep in mind this arbitrary text.

• Solution

The 403, please could you clarify if thats showing from googles side or your side? (Is it a google page?) It sounds very much like its coming from your server direct, so I would suggest making sure you check your server error logs, and anything like mod_security that is on the server, as the server itself is denying the request

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The 403, please could you clarify if thats showing from googles side or your side? (Is it a google page?) It sounds very much like its coming from your server direct, so I would suggest making sure you check your server error logs, and anything like mod_security that is on the server, as the server itself is denying the request

Yeah it is coming from my server, now I did run into a similar issue when trying to enable zapier and received the following error:
" Zapier needs to use the REST API to communicate with your community, but there is currently an issue with your REST API setup. Visit the REST & OAuth page to learn more and fix this issue."  

Could there two issues be related or are they entirely separate?