Data Storage Not Working After PHP 8.1 Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

After upgrading to PHP 8.1 I am suddenly getting the errors below. My directories are 755 permissions, and haven't changed. I use Redis Caching Any ideas?

Data Storage Not Working

Data Storage is not working correctly. Review your data storage configuration and adjust the settings as needed to improve speed and performance of your community.

Cache Not Working

Caching is not working correctly. Review your caching method configuration and adjust the settings as needed.

• Solution
15 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

After upgrading to PHP 8.1 I am suddenly getting the errors below. My directories are 755 permissions, and haven't changed. I use Redis Caching Any ideas?

Data Storage Not Working

Data Storage is not working correctly. Review your data storage configuration and adjust the settings as needed to improve speed and performance of your community.

Cache Not Working

Caching is not working correctly. Review your caching method configuration and adjust the settings as needed.

Is the redis module enabled and is the installed module compatible with php8.1 

The source of my issue was that I did not have Redis properly installed on PHP 8.1. I took care of this issue, so I'm curious to run PHP 8.1. Are there any known issues when running PHP 8.1 with the latest version of IPB? 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jim M said:

PHP 8.1 is not yet fully supported so you will want to downgrade to 8.0.

Can you please explain what you mean here by "not yet fully supported"?

But if there are no PHP errors when running it, then it is compatible. PHP writes new versions to be backwards compatible, and in some instances they remove deprecated code that is no longer compatible--this causes errors and things to break if you still use such code. I guess what I'm saying is that if nothing breaks, and there are no errors, then what would be the concern with running it now?

PS - There were tons of issues for me running PHP 8.0, and I had to upgrade many custom plugins and apps. Besides the cache issue, which turned out to be a problem with my Redis installation on PHP 8.1, I have not seen any errors at all when running PHP 8.1.

We have not yet gone through our own code and tested this. Whether or not you use it is entirely up to yourself, but we cannot advise on this until we have checked, and if you encounter issues you would need to revert that before we would be able to issue support. 

In short, if you are asking if it should, then yes probably. If you are asking if I can guarentee this, the answer would be no. Not until we have stated the software to work with that version