Email sending limit

Ricsca

This is a fundamental option also because in order not to end up in spam you cannot send thousands of emails a day.
My forum has nearly 55,000 subscribers and I cannot contact them.
I can't contact them because in order not to end up in spam I need to send less than 1000 emails a day (better if not more than 500 emails a day) and they can't be contacted because my hosting gives me 300 emails a day.
For a forum that already has more than 5000 users, it is so impossible to contact them.
I wonder how this option is not defoult since it is basic.

Any plugin to send wordpress newsletters allows you to set the email limit every hour or every day. So I don't think it's difficult to program.

Edited by Ricsca

So if you’re sending 500 mails per day ( your suggested limit) to 55000 subscribers, it’s going to take 110 days to send the same mail to each of them ? 

Even with 1000 mails per day it’s going to take almost 2 months until the last mail was processed ?

And what’s going to happen in the meanwhile with the new stuff which is queued ?

1 hour ago, Ricsca said:

This is a fundamental option also because in order not to end up in spam you cannot send thousands of emails a day.
My forum has nearly 55,000 subscribers and I cannot contact them.
I can't contact them because in order not to end up in spam I need to send less than 1000 emails a day (better if not more than 500 emails a day) and they can't be contacted because my hosting gives me 300 emails a day.
For a forum that already has more than 5000 users, it is so impossible to contact them.
I wonder how this option is not defoult since it is basic.

Any plugin to send wordpress newsletters allows you to set the email limit every hour or every day. So I don't think it's difficult to program.

Priorities need to be set for email types.
Each hosting has its own limits, there are specific email hosts that allow you to send a few thousand emails without ending up in spam. But certainly no one allows you to send 55,000 emails at the same time.
For example, I migrated the forum from vb to ipb and I would like to send an email to all subscribers to tell them. Even if it takes me 100 days nothing happens, it's not an important email. At least I can send them for free without having to purchase an external email service.

@Daniel Falternatively, what would you do now to contact 55,000 users? Without ending up in spam and without the hoster blocking my plan?

My hosting service allows me to send 5000 emails daily and I have 20000 subscribers. If such a system is available then I can deliver email to everyone in just 4 to 5 days. But I can't do that. Because when you send so many emails at once, all of them get stuck in error logs. There should be a suitable option for this so that anyone who wants to use this option can do it easily.

An option to work around this problem is to use this application ->  https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9000-sendmail-advanced/

Of course, if we had a native email system that didn't force forum administrators to use paid services, it would be much better. The SMF with a very simple system manages to limit the emails per day without harming the most important emails such as password change or email confirmation and etc...

But do what? The IPB team is always right.

22 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Utilizza un servizio adeguato come SendGrid, Amazon SES o qualcosa di simile.

Who a forum assumes has thousands of users ...
SendGrid for 40,000 emails a month takes $ 14.95 which is not cheap ...
Amazon SES is cheaper but you don't provide an official plugin.
You should work on this to improve ipb

7 hours ago, DSystem said:

Un'opzione per aggirare questo problema è utilizzare questa applicazione ->   https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9000-sendmail-advanced/

Naturalmente, se avessimo un sistema di posta elettronica nativo che non obbligasse gli amministratori del forum a utilizzare servizi a pagamento, sarebbe molto meglio. La SMF con un sistema molto semplice riesce a limitare le email al giorno senza danneggiare le email più importanti come cambio password o conferma email ed ecc...

Ma fare cosa? Il team IPB ha sempre ragione.

Does it work with the latest version of ipb?

11 hours ago, DSystem said:

An option to work around this problem is to use this application ->  https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9000-sendmail-advanced/

Of course, if we had a native email system that didn't force forum administrators to use paid services, it would be much better. The SMF with a very simple system manages to limit the emails per day without harming the most important emails such as password change or email confirmation and etc...

But do what? The IPB team is always right.

I have also installed and checked it. But even that doesn't work. It is best to have this option in the software. So that admin can easily mail members. And send the necessary information.

4 minutes ago, Ricsca said:

If you are looking for information on sendgrid in this forum (but also on google) there is not a user who has had a positive experience ...
Ipb would then have to create modules for other email providers to limit ...

I was very disappointed about the number of actions in Zapier for SendGrid: exactly one!

To compare, Mailchimp has 21(!) actions and triggers. 

On 2/24/2022 at 12:08 PM, Daniel F said:

So if you’re sending 500 mails per day ( your suggested limit) to 55000 subscribers, it’s going to take 110 days to send the same mail to each of them ? 

Even with 1000 mails per day it’s going to take almost 2 months until the last mail was processed ?

And what’s going to happen in the meanwhile with the new stuff which is queued ?

A user could set a limit for example 2 mail for a day from a ips website, and the system count how many mail for the user are "delayed"(stored into system in queue to be sent) and "digest" it into next without bother/importune it. Each mass mail sent from invisioncommunity must be readable via link to web. This is a good solution for permise community administrators to notification users about activity on board.

I hope you guys implement this feature into your framework because community users want help without to lose time reading each mail but focus on community goals (quality over quantity).

The cost of the ipb license is very high so it is absolutely necessary to develop the email system.
It is not possible that to contact users, it is necessary to use third-party servants such as sendgrid (otherwise very bad) which are very expensive!
Having a forum and not being able to contact users is really ridiculous.
It would also be necessary that the email recaptio be tracked to find out who no longer has the active email. This way you can only send emails to those who actually receive them and not send thousands of random emails.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, Sonya* said:

I was very disappointed about the number of actions in Zapier for SendGrid: exactly one!

To compare, Mailchimp has 21(!) actions and triggers. 

But is there a way to connect mailcimp to ipb?

12 minutes ago, Ricsca said:

But is there a way to connect mailcimp to ipb?

Not out of the box. I am coding custom IPS integration (like SendGrid) at the moment. When it's mature for Marketplace, then there will be a release.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, Black Zero said:

I have also installed and checked it. But even that doesn't work. It is best to have this option in the software. So that admin can easily mail members. And send the necessary information.

Have you installed this on the latest version and what exactly does not work?

We used to use sendgrid but have stopped due to the service being really poor and not worth the continued cost.

4 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Have you installed this on the latest version and what exactly does not work?

We used to use sendgrid but have stopped due to the service being really poor and not worth the continued cost.

Yes . It is not usable for the latest version. The maker did not upgrade it.

I use MailGun with IPS. It integrates fairly easily and their costs are not prohibitive. I culled my member base from about 15,000 down to 1,200 over a period of a few years, because most of the people who had registered were never really engaged with the community. I suspect there were lots of legacy bot registrations from my SMF forum that got imported way back when. 

I try to send out a newsletter to the 900 or so subscribed members once a month and I get a bill from MailGun every other month for about $2 or less.