Jump to content

Achievements Bugs


GazzaGarratt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there, finally made it live a few days ago and i'm starting to see a few bugs being reported by the group.

RSVP isn't working correctly. I have badges connected to 1, 20, 50, etc RSVPs and someone just got them all after RSVP'ing to 2 calendar events.

image.png.fce6b1c3fcb98dc0045e082d7834f1c4.png

They've only ever RSVP'd to 2.

image.png.1fea983498fb3acba66bcc787b3d1308.png

 

People are also saying that they are getting the Daily concurrent badges too early too. Someone has logged in around once a week but got the 30 days logged in daily badge.

image.png.3a281caff598c68d9a44d40eb647b966.png

 

image.png.132ce6c008fb13f0cc6de1c3029b1652.png

 

I'm not sure how I can remove these badges now, if they've incorrectly been given out, without a full reconstruction of the database which would look like a major fail on my behalf when the rules are set up as expected. Any ways to fix this please??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some bugs in the way achievments are award that were resolved in the latest release of the platform, but also there are some with filtering which will be released in the next upcoming version. Of course the latter you will not be able to get yet, however the former, you can by ensuring your platform is up to date

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There are some bugs in the way achievments are award that were resolved in the latest release of the platform, but also there are some with filtering which will be released in the next upcoming version. Of course the latter you will not be able to get yet, however the former, you can by ensuring your platform is up to date

I can update the recent patch not a problem...but I suppose what i'm trying to work out is a workaround to how to fix these whilst we wait for the next version?

Just to confirm i've double checked the latest patch which shouldn't have an issue with these I don't believe.

Edited by GazzaGarratt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Marc Stridgen, just seen March release is in Beta - could you confirm this bug will be fixed in this release and how it will work e.g. the bagdes given out incorrectly, will they be removed or will I have a button that will refresh the rules/badges that were impacted?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its actually a full release, so you should not test on the latest release of the platform. There are no known issues with that on the latest release

Please of course let us know either way

Thanks Marc, so once this one is released, this will resolve the above problems. Got it. I'll look forward to this March release in full then! 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned above, its already released

image.png.30b76deeb7ea4b60f96707e5cc866f9c.png

Oh okay, i expected March's to be 4.6.11. The badges are still applied to all the members incorrectly so it didn't reverse the issue we had. I'm unsure what number it is counting for each individual now related to creating Calendar events and RSVP.

What should be the next step to resolve this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

image.png.30b76deeb7ea4b60f96707e5cc866f9c.png

Oh okay, i expected March's to be 4.6.11. The badges are still applied to all the members incorrectly so it didn't reverse the issue we had. I'm unsure what number it is counting for each individual now related to creating Calendar events and RSVP.

What should be the next step to resolve this?

4.6.11 is the March release, it was released this morning.

If your community hasn't seen the update yet (it only checks once per day) you can go to AdminCP > System > Applications and click on 'Check for updates'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This bug isn't fixed as people are still getting all the badges i created as soon as they create an event and then RSVP to it.

Can someone look into this please.

Also, how did i fiz the people its already given it out to? Do i have to manually go through one and delete their badge? Will it re-run the rule when its fixed and award them appropriately? Or do i need to do something with the rule?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This bug isn't fixed as people are still getting all the badges i created as soon as they create an event and then RSVP to it.

Can someone look into this please.

Also, how did i fiz the people its already given it out to? Do i have to manually go through one and delete their badge? Will it re-run the rule when its fixed and award them appropriately? Or do i need to do something with the rule?

Please could you provide me with an example of this? We can then take a look at advise accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you provide me with an example of this? We can then take a look at advise accordingly.

Sure, no problem.

The below user created an event on Saturday and then RSVP'd to it. He then received all of the badges (1,5,10,25,5,100,150).

I'm pretty sure he hasn't clicked on more than that and these rules were cretaed at the time I rebuilt the database, therefore if he had got them, they should have been awarded there and then.

image.thumb.png.f4745d11941ca2bff21971b5ee7720a2.png

 

The below user also on March 13th created an event and is a fairly new user so hasn't attended anywhere near 100 to 150 events but he also has received RSVPs - Its doubly worse here as i have a general RSVP total but also a specific Calendar RSVP so he has received about 10/12 medals all in one.

image.thumb.png.05e6def7bb0e77ff5b933289fe685aa4.png

 

Not sure what to do here, as I can't see anywhere I can quickly analyse the data on who has what. When I read above, I assumed that it would fix anyone that has had the medals incorrectly but it hasn't. I'm not sure where to start with rectifying all the members that have received all these medals and achievements incorrectly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

Thanks Marc, just updated it all hopefully all will work correctly 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 2:42 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Its still incorrect on file unfortunately. 

Sorry Marc, IRL stuff getting in the way of this.

I think it was because of the login method, which i've just updated to email address. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

The ones I have looked at so far appear to have been prior to upgrading. Do you have any that have happened after that point?

I thought that the first screenshot user above happened post the update I made to the software?

How do we go about fixing all the previous people that have received this in error?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...