Translation export problem

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi,

I'm trying to make a self-maded french translation of the Invision Community strings.

For the moment I've translated ~5900 strings (that makes only near 30% of the total number of strings to translate... 😅). I work in a sandbox -TESTINSTALL community instance in order to avoid being polluted by plugins and any other third party application. So when I want to test it in my main community, I try an export from the development sandbox and an import into the main community...

The generated XML translation file seems to contain the right number of strings... But once imported, I got only near the half of the strings translations (~3000 strings) working and seen as "translated" in the translation interface of the main community...

I've not any "debug" tool to get any clue on what's going on there... So, please, somebody can help me with it ?

Thankyou for your attention and best regards,

D

Edited by Dexter_X

Please be advised there is limited support we can provide with custom translations but can investigate if this is an issue with the product export/import process.

• Are the other strings showing as outdated?
  • Are both installations on the same version?
  • Are any language strings being modified or have duplicates in any custom add-ons which may be creating conflicts?

Thankyou for your answer.

I'm not asking help on the translation, but help on the import/export. I've tried from a Macbook and from a PC-W10, in both the behavior is the same.

I've noticed while exporting the export window remains open (with the turning "wait" animation) forever...

To answer your questions :

- in the sandbox there are no outdated stings, but I've just taken a look and yes, in the imported side, the ~3000 imported strings are all marked as outdated (?!) ;

- yes, both installations are on the same version ;

- I don't understand the last question...

18 minutes ago, Dexter_X said:

in the sandbox there are no outdated stings, but I've just taken a look and yes, in the imported side, the ~3000 imported strings are all marked as outdated (?!) ;

This would indicate that these strings have changed since you have made your translation so you would need to review them. With the translated and outdated do you have your full set of strings?

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This would indicate that these strings have changed since you have made your translation so you would need to review them. With the translated and outdated do you have your full set of strings?

In the sandbox, which is on the same version as the main/production community, those strings are not indicated as outdated : there are no outdated strings at all in the sandbox. But once uploaded in the main/production community, the imported strings are all displayed as outdated and only half of the translated strings are imported...

In other words : the translated and the outdated are exactly the same set of strings.

Edited by Dexter_X

Nope : the sandbox/test/development installation does not have any third party application installed. The destination/production/main community does have a certain amount of third party applications installed.
The export file seems to contain all the translated strings (~5900 lines in it). It seems the import procedure is the one having troubles (?). How can I send you the export file in a secured way ?

ok, I've set the information into the Client Area, instead of the information for the main site.

Please, consider that sandbox/dev/test site is not backed up so be careful : I don't want to loose all the translation work already done.

Edited by Dexter_X

10 minutes ago, Dexter_X said:

ok, I've set the information into the Client Area, instead of the information for the main site.

Please, consider that sandbox/dev/test site is not backed up so be careful : I don't want to loose all the translation work already done.

Please ensure you back up. While there isnt really anything that should go wrong on there, we cannot really be responsible for you having no backup if it does