"Top Downloads" plugin not pulling correct counts

Circo
Go to solution Solved by Ryan Ashbrook,

Hello Guys,

I just noticed that my "Top Downloads" box on my Downloads page is not posting the numbers correcly.  The box currently shows the same files and same number of downloads across the board (week, month, year, all time).  The highest shows only ~800 downloads, whereas I have files that have multi-thousands of downloads. Something seems to have gotten reset on that box, but the files have the correct download numbers on them.

How do I ge the "Top Downloads" to populate with the correct files and downloads?

Edited by Circo

16 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could you please let me know what page you have this block on and if you are using our standard block that comes with downloads? I can then take a look if this is our standard block.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/
top_download.thumb.png.397af3d35e444c394aeba4946e7d76a2.png

I beleive that it's your standard plugin block.

ACP > Blocks > Create New > Plugin > Downloads > Top Downloads

OK, thanks. In taking a look, you are limiting categories in most downloaded, I am unsure if this is related to what you're seeing in ACP -> Community -> Downloads -> Settings. If any downloads are outside of those categories, you may want to verify and ensure that you include them or select all.

31 minutes ago, Jim M said:

OK, thanks. In taking a look, you are limiting categories in most downloaded, I am unsure if this is related to what you're seeing in ACP -> Community -> Downloads -> Settings. If any downloads are outside of those categories, you may want to verify and ensure that you include them or select all.

That setting controls the "Most Downloaded" block which is different than the "Top Downloads" plugin.  I normally have the "Most Downloaded" block turned off. The Plugin has worked fine in the past, but recently the counts seem WAY off.

• Solution

The block is based on the download logs as configured for your categories. So, if you've recently changed these to retain downloads indefinitely, then this would not be applied retroactively.

So, for instance, if all of your categories previously only retained 7 days worth of download logs, and then those were updated to keep download logs forever, then the previous logs would not be applied because they have already been removed.

Looking on your site there, the Download Log for your most downloaded file only has 11 pages, totaling 103 downloads, though the file itself has seen itself been downloaded over 17,000 times. So what happened here, is those logs were likely pruned.