IPS renewal price increased?

Jurgis

It appears you missed an email that was sent out back in September relating to pricing increases. There was indeed a price increase since that date. We certainly realise that price increases are never something people are going to enjoy, but it’s worth remembering that the renewal prices haven’t increased since we launched that pricing model for self-hosting licenses over a decade ago. This is what you are seeing in your renewal there

My last order was at September 6, 2021. I assume it was right before increase.

I checked all emails from Invision Power Services and i don't see anything about it.

37 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

but it’s worth remembering that the renewal prices haven’t increased since we launched that pricing model for self-hosting licenses over a decade ago.

What can i say... perfect timing guys. Let's wait for pandemic to increase price on ~50%. Ahhh...

Edited by Jurgis

It was discussed at length in one of the Humpday updates.  I don’t remember the exact date or even know if that thread is still around. 

Matt answered a lot of questions and let a lot of people deal with venting as you can imagine might happen. 

Originally renewals we’re going to be only done only annually. That decision was reversed and was left bi-annually. 

Thanks. It was interesting to read.

My two cents...
Company already makes millions and millions every year, so there was no need to increase price in one go (and definitely not in covid time).
Why not do it right way... set new price for new clients and inform old clients that price will be increased on 60% over next 2-3 years and increase by 10% every 6 months? It's too slow for you? Someone can't wait to buy new car, or something?

We are not against increase, but nobody likes so drastic increase. I'm sure you know what reaction will follow... and you still decided to go this way.

I have question about license.

What happens with license if i will skip one payment (55$/6 months)?
1) i can continue pay 55$ after 6 months? will i have to pay also for 6 months i skipped (110$ in total)?
2) or i will lose license?

It would be worth reading through the topics above, as all the above has been covered multiple times there. We have had similar feedback to the above, and may well indeed do things in a more gradual manner in the future. I am going to close this one down, as its simply rehashing topics that have already been discussed at this point.

16 hours ago, Jurgis said:

What happens with license if i will skip one payment (55$/6 months)?
1) i can continue pay 55$ after 6 months? will i have to pay also for 6 months i skipped (110$ in total)?
2) or i will lose license?

In answer to these

1) You would pay the renewal price at the point of renewal. So at present that is indeed $55. It would not accumulate
2) No, you would not lose your license. You would simply loose access to all IPS services during the time it is not renewed