Why can't I get support?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I recently purchased an additional license to our forum software, and am trying to get technical support for a current issue regarding our download module. However it says I haven't purchased the option to receive support? How do I purchase this. Does this not come with the standard license renewal?

• Solution

You have several active licenses which have been renewed but I do not see a newly purchased license under this account. Was it under a different account? Newly purchased self-hosted licenses receive 30 day ticket support. Otherwise, there is forum support here on our community which is completely staffed by ourselves and we would answer the same like a ticket. If the ticket requires escalation, we can still convert the topic to a ticket if need be. However, we have found an extremely high percentage of support tickets are basic "how-to" functionality which can be collectively shared or even in the case of a technical issue, can be collaboratively resolved on our community. It let's our customers search for common questions and us to better review what is happening, as after-all, we're a community software provider 🙂 .

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You have several active licenses which have been renewed but I do not see a newly purchased license under this account. Was it under a different account? Newly purchased self-hosted licenses receive 30 day ticket support. Otherwise, there is forum support here on our community which is completely staffed by ourselves and we would answer the same like a ticket. If the ticket requires escalation, we can still convert the topic to a ticket if need be. However, we have found an extremely high percentage of support tickets are basic "how-to" functionality which can be collectively shared or even in the case of a technical issue, can be collaboratively resolved on our community. It let's our customers search for common questions and us to better review what is happening, as after-all, we're a community software provider 🙂 .

So there is no way to get support other than purchasing a new license? Not renewals or other methods?

You also gain the combined experience and brain trust of the community members itself!

There are many times a normal everyday user can help answer more generic questions and provide additional recommendations of things to try in addition to the official support responses. 🙂 

We’re a friendly bunch here!

Edited by Randy Calvert

10 hours ago, crabpaws said:

I now have to supply a support PIN to get IPB support? When was this implemented, and why weren't customers notified?

What format is this code? The form does not specify.

I'm going to have to give this PIN to my co-admins?

That is incorrect, it seems you had misread what it asked for. It asks for a pin which you would need to provide in order to obtain backups of your system going forward.