Page View Javascript option in Advanced Configuration/ Page Output setting

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

By default, most analytics providers will not register a page view when new content is dynamically loaded into the current page. If you want to manually trigger a page view when this happens, you can do so by specifying the Javascript code here

Hi. I just found the above description in Advanced Configuration/ Page Output setting. I'm trying to get my head around what it actually means. Does it mean that when people visit the forums and browse through different topics the content is dynamically generated so Google only registers one page view?

• Solution

If you enabled AJAX pagination in your theme and a user clicks to the next page of a topic (or other areas), the posts are loaded dynamically without doing a full load of the page through the browser. This would mean that most typical analytics platforms would not register that as a pageview because of that. If you use Google Analytics, you would want to utilize our Google Analytics integration which will automatically track these. If you do not, you would need to insert the specific Javascript code in that spot for your analytics provider.