Is it possible to create a quick sign-up form

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

I was wondering whether it is possible to create a quick sign-up form independent from the registration from.

I mean..I am selling a membership, so I need members to fill in certain fields.

However, I want to offer a free download. I don't want members to enter first and last name, email, etc. The sign-up form has to be simple or they will probably stay out without filling the form.

I want a quick email field that will send a confirmation email. Once confirmed they will be moved to the free user group.

Is that possible? Can a full registration be also compatible with a quick registration?

Thanks

Edited by OptimusBain

You would use the full registration form if you are looking to get further details from your users, by using custom profile fields. Im not sure what you mean by the full registration being compatible with quick registration. One is simply a different way of registering. 

Quick registration - You add the minimal details. Any profile fields which are mandatory you can then add to a profile completion step. So the user would be registered, but would then be forced to fill in details before they can see anything more

Full registration - You add all details that are required at registration step. 

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not sure what you mean by the full registration being compatible with quick registration. One is simply a different way of registering. 

What I'm trying to say is that right now I force users to buy one of my products because my community uses memberships. The user has to fill in a form with certain fields.

However, I also want to have now sign up form with an email that users can use to download a file from the downloads module. These user will have the free user group assigned but since my community forces you to buy a product, I am not sure how I can do this.

It is very common for a website to have a paid product and then a form that will allow free downloads and all that.

For that free download and free membership, how do I do it if my community's registration forces users to buy a product?

How can I create an independent sign-up form with an email field? Once filled, the user will be moved to the free user group and see only the content I have configured for them.

thanks

You Would simply not force users to choose a  product in that case. It appears you want both for people to have to buy and for users not to have to buy. Of course those 2 things are not compatible with each other. In your situation there I would be switching off the force to buy a product, and instead have it as an option only. You can then set the main member group to have whatever free permissions you like

14 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You Would simply not force users to choose a  product in that case. It appears you want both for people to have to buy and for users not to have to buy. Of course those 2 things are not compatible with each other. In your situation there I would be switching off the force to buy a product, and instead have it as an option only. You can then set the main member group to have whatever free permissions you like

I will try that. Thanks.

One more thing. Is it possible to create two different sign-up forms?

I mean, one for buying a product and a simpler one with only the email field. Is that a possibility?

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way in which to do that at the moment, unfortunately

Is there a way to create a simpler and quicker registration form? The current form is great but not for a quick registration. 

I've selected the quick registration option, but the resulting form is not quick at all. It keeps on requesting a lot of information. See below.

If I want users to fill as little as possible, the default form is NOT quick at all. Quick should not be the word that defines it. Or am I doing something wrong?

image.png.917a4094a3092ef0e7c05acc99f24ddd.png

image.thumb.png.cbafd1ee2de08a976680aca85f6a18a6.png

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You have required purchasing switched on, and requirement for address details. So what you are seeing there is the quickest it could ever be on your current options

One last question.

If a client choses to buy a product, then this form will be shown to him to enter address details, etc?

But if he doesn't choose a product, will he see a simpler form? 

When the forcing the purchase of a product checkbox is unticked, I see the quick form. Thanks a lot @Marc Stridgen

I see that the "no thanks, continue without shopping" link, links to domain.com/register/?noPurchase=1

So, I guess I can create a landing page with a button that links to register/?noPurchase=1 to skip the product selection.

Thanks a lot

14 hours ago, Jim M said:

Excellent! Glad to hear you've found what you need. If there are any further questions, please clarify and we'll be happy to answer 🙂 .

Sorry to bother you with this issue again. I finally completed the whole process. It seems to work great.

There is only one more thing that I need. These quick form will move new registrations to the "members" user group.

How can I edit the TEXT in the confirmation and welcome emails after the users have confirmed their email? 

image.png.266be744824be5b118e6347a8061ecc4.png

Edited by OptimusBain