Adding email to sendgrid list upon registration

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This may well be possible by using Zapier. Of course you would need to get yourself set up with zapier, but that would certainly be one way you may be able to achieve this. It will not do it automatically through the standard sendgrid integration

Zapier is a problem. Tried to set it up, sent numerous support requests. Impossible. Besides, in order to set it up (if I could) my server would become more vulnerable since there would be a single instance of PHP running with the settings required to run zapier, as my webmaster told me.

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Ah, thank you for the input there Sonya. 

You would need development to achieve this, if this is the case @OptimusBain

I will try to find a developer for this functionality then. Thanks

41 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

What was the issue with setting up Zapier?

And when have you tried it?Have you tried it recently? We’ve changed her few things in the last releases to improve the process. 

Last time I tried, it was last October 2021. It was impossible to configure my dedicated server. I asked many times, even Charles contacted me. Impossible. The requirements needed are  vague. There are many different servers configurations out there, I understand. However, the minimum requirements aren't clear so I gave up.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't found a direct way to integrate this either. The workaround I came up with is to export the memberlist every few months, honouring those that agreed to receive emails, and then upload that to my Interspire mailing list. It dedupes at the same time, so works perfectly.

• 1 year later...

Just for reference since this question came up again by somebody linking to this topic:

This is the custom redirect rule which you need for nginx for the API folder URL redirect:

location /api/ {
  if (!-e $request_filename){
    rewrite ^/api/(.*)$ /api/index.php;
  }
}

Thanks to @Chris027 for sharing this a while ago.